ole miss recruiting

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
How??? How is that coach and that program pulling off what they're doing this year and what they did 3 years ago?

Amazing how elite talent all of a sudden wants to go to Oxford, how old Miss can beat up established programs and coaches for top players. It seems in some ways they don't even really recruit, they just wait for Alabama and other top programs to identify and work players, then swoop in and work there "magic".

Any thought, ideas, or stories?

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
As said or indicated on here many times. It's $$$$$$$ talking, at least that's what it appears like. Guess if you like picnicking in a stand of trees with plastic forks and spoons and fake chandeliers then your set.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I obviously don`t really know, but it wouldn`t surprise me if OM, and others for that matter, don`t use our success (and depth) against us. How many 4 and 5 * guys go to OM and have to wait their turn ? These kids want to start and start now. The concept of development and learning the fine points of their positions is something that smacks of having to have patience, an attribute not in abundance in many 18 and 19 year olds. Maybe Freeze is just great at selling the whole " We know you`re special " spiel. And, according to Greg Little, he`ll " help you with your religion" , or some such BS.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
When something looks too good to be true, it generally is. Whatever is happening down there is not legit.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I obviously don`t really know, but it wouldn`t surprise me if OM, and others for that matter, don`t use our success (and depth) against us. How many 4 and 5 * guys go to OM and have to wait their turn ? These kids want to start and start now. The concept of development and learning the fine points of their positions is something that smacks of having to have patience, an attribute not in abundance in many 18 and 19 year olds. Maybe Freeze is just great at selling the whole " We know you`re special " spiel. And, according to Greg Little, he`ll " help you with your religion" , or some such BS.
You can guarantee OM and other schools are using our depth against us. I don't really know if OM is cheating or not, I know popular opinion is they are. But I will say this they have beaten us two years in a row and are enjoying the best run of football in the history of their program. That right there will get the attention of kids especially the in state guys. Don' t be surprised to see continued success as long as they continue to win 9+ games a season.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
It really does not matter. All Alabama can do is take care of Alabama. We will continue to recruit and land bigtime classes regardless of what other programs do.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You can guarantee OM and other schools are using our depth against us. I don't really know if OM is cheating or not, I know popular opinion is they are. But I will say this they have beaten us two years in a row and are enjoying the best run of football in the history of their program. That right there will get the attention of kids especially the in state guys. Don' t be surprised to see continued success as long as they continue to win 9+ games a season.
and they still haven't made it into the sec cg

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
and they still haven't made it into the sec cg
Very true my point is though OM is having a pretty good run right now, and kids are paying attention especially when the coaches are guaranteeing them a starting position. That being said I agree with the method Saban uses, when he tells the kids point blank they have an opportunity to start or play and that it pretty much up to them.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Very true my point is though OM is having a pretty good run right now, and kids are paying attention especially when the coaches are guaranteeing them a starting position. That being said I agree with the method Saban uses, when he tells the kids point blank they have an opportunity to start or play and that it pretty much up to them.
That`s an excellent and valid life lesson, but as we all know, there are kids (actually people in general) who will settle for nothing less than a "guarantee" if it`s at all possible.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
As said or indicated on here many times. It's $$$$$$$ talking, at least that's what it appears like. Guess if you like picnicking in a stand of trees with plastic forks and spoons and fake chandeliers then your set.
They modeled their bu$ine$$ plan after awbern's...:cool2:

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
That`s an excellent and valid life lesson, but as we all know, there are kids (actually people in general) who will settle for nothing less than a "guarantee" if it`s at all possible.
And also, these kids that "settle for nothing less than a guarantee" usually "settle" in the 9-3 8-4 category. The "we's" usually get farther than the "me's"

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As much as I want to believe Ole Miss is cheating, to an extent I'm sure they are, but, some HC's are really good recruiters & I honestly think Coach Freeze is a elite recruiter or is a true "Snake-Oil" salesman..Offensive recruits knows they can play right away at Ole Miss & D side players as well as far as that goes..Coach Saban has always been an elite recruiter & was when he was HC at Toledo and MSU..Until the NCAA slams them with sanctions I will think these recruits are falling victim to Freeze's recruiting pitch..

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They will have 3 of the Top 10 NFL Draft Picks -- and have won zero championships......

Kids that go there aren't good fits for our program.....so, we really aren't losing anything......

Better to find out now then later.

***Cough Cough Toe Knee Brohackahackahack!!*** Sorry.......dry cough

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
This is the golden age of ole miss recruiting and they still haven't won a thing. Winners going to win and Ole Miss is going to Ole Miss. Bama plays for nationals titles, OM plays for Eggs.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
lies, begs and makes promises ......sales them a bill of goods that is not worth the paper they sign on......as he can have all the talent in the world he is an average coach at best. Such a religious guy per all the recruits..... I am not a religious guy, but I didn't think, lies and deceitful tactics were done by real religious people on a consistent basis.....or does he just pray or ask for forgiveness every time he lies to one of those kids or parents?

You should live what you preach is all I am saying..... Ever heard of integrity? If my son is ever recruited, the coach that is going to have a chance to coach my son better have some danged integrity. I am not perfect, but I don't intentionally lie or cheat.....

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
The money people in Oxford are Dickie Scruggs ( guy who sued the tobacco companies and won) Cannon Motors and Dunlop Tires. Think about it people- Ole Miss was 0-8 in the SEC as recent as 2011. Then Freeze and company show up and all of sudden they are beating major powers for kids that previously would not have even considered Ole Miss. I would go as far to say they may be pushing the envelope more than anyone since the SMU days of the mid 80's. Consider these facts from the last 3 years:

Treadwell ( number one receiver in the country from Chicago) commits to Ole Miss before he ever visits the campus- fact.
Laremy Tunsil goes to Oxford out of no where on signing day- then his mother, step father and God knows what other family members all move to Oxford. Really?
Nkemdiche's Father takes a job with the University of Mississippi hospital ( a rather high paying job by the way) several months before Robert signs with Ole Miss. I know this is also a fact- I know someone who works at the hospital who has confirmed this fact.
Tony Connor tells Bama coaches he " was not allowed to sign with Bama" on signing day 2013. What does that mean?

And look at the number of kids from the Magnolia State that have committed to Bama-and almost all of them end up in Oxford. The Tide cannot sign anyone from that state- despite having arguably the best program in the country and being right next door. I believe the Ole Miss boosters have thrown caution to the wind with the NCAA enforcement team not having any teeth any longer. They have gotten a taste of success and they like it- I expect them to continue to escalate these activities with the chances of paying for it very limited right now. Freeze is running a very corrupt ship.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.