JUCO DE Johnathan Kongbo Signs With Tennessee

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Re: King Kongbo not visiting Bama now

Anh.....we'll be alright.....perhaps the "Process" didn't work for him. Let him go to Ole Miss.....Last I checked Nkemdiche (sp?) has zero National Championship Rings....so, it may be that Freeze is selling playing time. And that is more important that winning a NC
Think Free$e and those boosters over there are doing more buying than selling right now

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

While I get what you're saying, JB, facts are facts. They've beaten us two years running and they were the second best team in the best conference in America. Clearly, some things (legal and otherwise) are going on in Oxford.

I just don't know why people want to play football at Ole Miss. Nothing is going on there and it hasn't been for almost 60 years.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

While I get what you're saying, JB, facts are facts. They've beaten us two years running and they were the second best team in the best conference in America. Clearly, some things (legal and otherwise) are going on in Oxford.
That's a fair point. No denying that, but other teams have beaten Bama in the past and they look a whole lot more interesting than Oxford. Still, I guess Freeze is getting it done somehow. I would rather play for championships than win a few games.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

It's way too weird for him to suddenly eliminate us....
IDK, Bama is not the easiest place to be especially if you are self-centric. Our approach is discipline not stardom. He probably sees all these other major recruits gravitating to us and wants to go where there is less competition to get on the field immediately. No big deal. Next!

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

IDK, Bama is not the easiest place to be especially if you are self-centric. Our approach is discipline not stardom. He probably sees all these other major recruits gravitating to us and wants to go where there is less competition to get on the field immediately. No big deal. Next!
Well, that was an unnecessary little jab.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

So because this player eliminated Alabama from his list, Ole Miss pays players (evidence please), the player was afraid of competition, he wasn't good enough, and we broke up with him first. Hundreds of players every year choose to go to a different university than Alabama. Why can't it just be personal preference? Why does someone have to be inadequate, incompetent, or dishonest? This sounds like what I have to listen to about us from UT people here in Tn. I just don't understand. How long will it be before CJM and CKS are trashed when then get players that Alabama wanted? Personally, I believe with everyone spying on everyone, especially in the SEC, high profile programs are cleaner now than they have ever been. The risk factor is just too great.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

The rumor is we secured someone higher on our board and told him we didn't have a spot.
He was told we prefer a high school player over a one/two year JuCo. If we have secured another player along his lines, that makes perfect sense. Dropping us maybe face saving on his part, or he's gone all ....y pants. We'll be fine without him, just like we were without several others who went elsewhere.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He was told we prefer a high school player over a one/two year JuCo. If we have secured another player along his lines, that makes perfect sense. Dropping us maybe face saving on his part, or he's gone all ....y pants. We'll be fine without him, just like we were without several others who went elsewhere.
Terrell Hall and Jeffrey Simmons are both 5* DE that are both visiting this weekend and we are very high on that play the same position so your comment may be true.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

The Carter kid out of Georgia sounds like he's coming, too, though he's a good deal bigger than Kongbo

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011

You would be incredibly wrong concerning Ole Miss. Common sense dictates many different things. There are enough red flags concerning the crew in Oxford to fill a warehouse. I expect time will tell that story. College football recruiting may be dirtier now than ever due to the pressure to win on coaches who are way over-paid and the NCAA's lack of enforcement. The rewards are worth the risk these days.
So because this player eliminated Alabama from his list, Ole Miss pays players (evidence please), the player was afraid of competition, he wasn't good enough, and we broke up with him first. Hundreds of players every year choose to go to a different university than Alabama. Why can't it just be personal preference? Why does someone have to be inadequate, incompetent, or dishonest? This sounds like what I have to listen to about us from UT people here in Tn. I just don't understand. How long will it be before CJM and CKS are trashed when then get players that Alabama wanted? Personally, I believe with everyone spying on everyone, especially in the SEC, high profile programs are cleaner now than they have ever been. The risk factor is just too great.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

From what I know and have gathered, Kongbo wasn't happy to be told to rescheduled next weekend. plus, Tennessee is back on him hard which makes sense since he was once committed to them. reading his articles, he sounds all over the place from missing home/ wanting to be near family to looking around for immediate playing time.

as far as securing another replacement, staff is very high on Jamar King who is also a JUCO prospect.
as others have mentioned, Terrell Hall and Michail Carter are priorities too.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

All the physical talent in the world will be of little value to us if the player does not buy in to the Saban program. Let's face it, it isn't easy, and it is not for everyone.

We will be better off with someone who WANTS to take advantage of what Alabama can do for him. Don't KNOW this to be the case with JK, but it isn't a crazy supposition based on recent behaviors.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.