JUCO DE Johnathan Kongbo Signs With Tennessee

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: JUCO DE Johnathan Kongbo Updates

I wonder if Allen returning had something to do with out interest and his here. Allen reduces our immediate need at end and makes hall and Simmons more intriguing targets. King would be a bigger help replacing Robinson and reed so I don't see it effecting interest in king or carter.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

I wonder if Allen returning had something to do with out interest and his here. Allen reduces our immediate need at end and makes hall and Simmons more intriguing targets. King would be a bigger help replacing Robinson and reed so I don't see it effecting interest in king or carter.

I think this may affect several recruits decisions. Since we only lost 2 Juniors.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

There is some speculation that we've gotten a commitment (silent I guess) from someone higher up our board.

Edit: Sorry didn't see someone had mentioned it earlier today in the thread.

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

There is some speculation that we've gotten a commitment (silent I guess) from someone higher up our board.

Edit: Sorry didn't see someone had mentioned it earlier today in the thread.
Love this though I really was looking forward to the King-Kong-Hulk trio.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Re: King Kongbo not visiting Bama now

So because this player eliminated Alabama from his list, Ole Miss pays players (evidence please), the player was afraid of competition, he wasn't good enough, and we broke up with him first. Hundreds of players every year choose to go to a different university than Alabama. Why can't it just be personal preference? Why does someone have to be inadequate, incompetent, or dishonest? This sounds like what I have to listen to about us from UT people here in Tn. I just don't understand. How long will it be before CJM and CKS are trashed when then get players that Alabama wanted? Personally, I believe with everyone spying on everyone, especially in the SEC, high profile programs are cleaner now than they have ever been. The risk factor is just too great.

Hey man. Its like I said in another thread, he just likes playing in a little old rinky dink stadium and Freeze is a better recruiter than CNS. Do you think that is it.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

He was told we prefer a high school player over a one/two year JuCo. If we have secured another player along his lines, that makes perfect sense. Dropping us maybe face saving on his part, or he's gone all ....y pants. We'll be fine without him, just like we were without several others who went elsewhere.
Your right, I mentioned this the other day....Bama preferred a good HS player instead of several JUCO players with potentially only 1-2 years. When Allen and most of the JRs decided to return, Bama truly didn't need a 1-2 year guy at DE, especially if they have secured DT/DE King already.

I think if Kongbo committed to Coach Saban on the spot on his in home visit, then he would have been a take....but he didn't and I am willing to bet that Bama got someone silently committed, so they were not going to waste each other's time.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

Well, I saw on 247 about an hour ago that some dude predicted him to Bama. Man is he out of the loop.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Hey man. Its like I said in another thread, he just likes playing in a little old rinky dink stadium and Freeze is a better recruiter than CNS. Do you think that is it.
Some people prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla. Some people want to play as freshmen and not wait for a year or more. There are dozens of reasons why a player picks one school over another, and none involve corruption.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn

You would be incredibly wrong concerning Ole Miss. Common sense dictates many different things. There are enough red flags concerning the crew in Oxford to fill a warehouse. I expect time will tell that story. College football recruiting may be dirtier now than ever due to the pressure to win on coaches who are way over-paid and the NCAA's lack of enforcement. The rewards are worth the risk these days.
Please explain the "red flags" in terms of facts, not opinions. That's all I'm asking. When that happens, I'll quickly say that I was wrong about UM. To not like Freeze, or Oxford, or UM, so therefore no recruit would choose them over Alabama is not evidence of paying players as has been stated and insinuated with all the $'s instead of S's. Dirtier recruiting in terms of what is said about other programs may in fact be at an all time high, but that's not the same as handing over money, cars, etc. With regard to enforcement, even if the NCAA didn't do anything, the facts would sure be all over various media. Make no mistake, I want Alabama to get every recruit and the best recruits that the staff wants, and kick everyone's butt with them, but just because some go elsewhere does not mean that, "hey, they have to be paying the players". RTR and good luck Mr. Kongbo and all recruits, wherever you go.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Please explain the "red flags" in terms of facts, not opinions. That's all I'm asking. When that happens, I'll quickly say that I was wrong about UM. To not like Freeze, or Oxford, or UM, so therefore no recruit would choose them over Alabama is not evidence of paying players as has been stated and insinuated with all the $'s instead of S's. Dirtier recruiting in terms of what is said about other programs may in fact be at an all time high, but that's not the same as handing over money, cars, etc. With regard to enforcement, even if the NCAA didn't do anything, the facts would sure be all over various media. Make no mistake, I want Alabama to get every recruit and the best recruits that the staff wants, and kick everyone's butt with them, but just because some go elsewhere does not mean that, "hey, they have to be paying the players". RTR and good luck Mr. Kongbo and all recruits, wherever you go.
Be careful, lest you be accused of lacking common sense at the very least. There are those who seem to consider your approach (and mine for that matter ) as something approaching idiocy. At least that`s the tone in some of the responses. Lack of demonstrable facts ( " This is not a court of law" ) is inconsequential in the face of the circumstantial evidence at hand.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

The latest word is that CNS finally got to meet Kongbo in person and he's more like 230 lbs than 260 lbs. Too small for an SEC DE and better suited as a Jack LB. He could be a take for Bama depending on how everything else falls into place.

This could explain why Kongbo didn't include Bama in his final 4.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He never signed the LOI. stranger and stranger

I heard that this was just because his father was out of the country (needs to sign the LOI) and that he was not wavering.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
He's a JUCO player and should be well over 18 right. He doesn't need another signature on an Loi at that point I don't believe. I could be wrong though
A college can not sign a player under the age of 21 without a parents signature. This question came up during the Alex Collins mess a few years ago.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.