Brett McMurphy Confirms Yesterday's Internet Chatter: Chip Kelly Met with Bama Staff

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
NP, if no one gets PO'd thinking CK is taking his job. As happened when LK was brought in as a consultant. Didn't work out very well until LK actually took his job.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
i remember reading something a few years back (before oregon played in the 2010 cg) that the strategy of oregon was to basically run the other team, AND THE REFS, to death and take advantage of them sucking wind and being out of position and it worked a lot of the time.
FIFY

CHES-Franklin

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2008
Franklin, TN
Brett McMurphy Confirms Yesterday's Internet Chatter: Chip Kelly Met with Bam...

I didn't see anyone mention Kelly's show cause from the NCAA. I know it has expired, but I'm not sure you would want to go down that road with someone who will always have that mark on their record. Although, I guess Kelvin Sampson and Bruce Pearl have had no problem finding employment.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
It is? Then why are so many teams still using it? And why would Alabama incorporate some elements of it?
Quite! Its metaphorical head is mounted on our -- Bama's, the great protectors of non-gimmickry and all things non-high school -- literal wall. As to others still using it, we say: does not the chicken still run after its head has been severed? As to Bama using it, that is outrageous and we won't dignify it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is what a lot of people thought about CLK too.
Their situations are totally different. CLK had to re-build his reputation and Saban gave him the chance to work again whereas Kelley had a new job on the same level making over $5m/annually in a matter of days.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Would not be surprised if Kelley wanted to talk to Saban about his NFL experience and what he would do differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Would not be surprised if Kelley wanted to talk to Saban about his NFL experience and what he would do differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it sounds to me like the best coaches keep in touch with each other, like an exclusive club, they can give each other tips.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.