Brett McMurphy Confirms Yesterday's Internet Chatter: Chip Kelly Met with Bama Staff

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
What could we, Bama, keepers of all things non-gimmick, opposers of gimmickry and all gimmickers, last bastion of gimmickless purity, have to talk about with that gimmick-monger Chip Kelly?

I mean, his qbs don't even line up under center!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
What could we, Bama, keepers of all things non-gimmick, opposers of gimmickry and all gimmickers, last bastion of gimmickless purity, have to talk about with that gimmick-monger Chip Kelly?

I mean, his qbs don't even line up under center!
Are any of CK's previous staffers on the Clemson staff? Only reason I could think of.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hey....with Coach Saban in charge, and if Kiffin leaves.....I would have NO problem if Kelly ran our offense....and WOW, can you imagine the meltdown in the media.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
it is strange timing. very good idea to pick the brain of someone well-versed in that type of offense (met with tOSU OC after last season, too) in trying to make adjustments to the defense. however, seems pretty last minute to do so this close to a game if specific for the championship, though. if just an overview for future implementation, i would have thought it would happen after the season was over.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Consorting with the enemy? Don't say it, friend! Besides, we, the members of TF, have already amply proven that Kelly's brand of gimmickry has already been defeated. Rooted out like so many ephemeral terrors before it. More annoyance than pestilence and delt with accordingly and swiftly. The only question that remains now is this: who will pen the story of the gimmick's demise?

Oh, and also there's the question of why we met with Kelly.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Consorting with the enemy? Don't say it, friend! Besides, we, the members of TF, have already amply proven that Kelly's brand of gimmickry has already been defeated. Rooted out like so many ephemeral terrors before it. More annoyance than pestilence and delt with accordingly and swiftly. The only question that remains now is this: who will pen the story of the gimmick's demise?

Oh, and also there's the question of why we met with Kelly.
Same reason Saban meets with so many coaches before big games. We once had bob Stoops come in before a Natty. This is pretty common.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.