So Elvis Would Have Turned 81 Today

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Happy Birthday Kang. You'd have been a leading candidate for a NutriSystem commercial.

Last edited:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It is strange that when a celebrity or famous person dies he/she's appearance is frozen in your memory and you just cannot imagine how they would have looked as they age. Yeah, Elvis would be doing Nutrisystem commercials with Marie Osmond.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Well, if the fried peanut butter banana sandwiches hadn't gotten him first.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Well, if the fried peanut butter banana sandwiches hadn't gotten him first.
His legacy in doughnut form:

The "Elvis" doughnut: Peanut butter, banana, and bacon on a glazed doughnut.

Particularly popular amongst the hipsters in the ironically named Normaltown, a hipster-ridden neighborhood in Athens.*

*In the interest of full disclosure, the missus and I, very much the anti-hipsters, lived in Normaltown for our first 18 months here in Athens.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I've heard that Nicholas Cage married Lisa Marie for one reason and one reason only - to gain access to the upstairs bedroom at Graceland. Whether that's true or not it's a cool story. He, supposedly is the only person except Priscilla and Lisa Marie who's been in the Elvis bedroom since 1977.

It's gotta be musty up in there

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I've heard that Nicholas Cage married Lisa Marie for one reason and one reason only - to gain access to the upstairs bedroom at Graceland. Whether that's true or not it's a cool story. He, supposedly is the only person except Priscilla and Lisa Marie who's been in the Elvis bedroom since 1977.

Musty and Dusty!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Didn't she marry Michael Jackson? If so, did she let him bring kids up there? :eek2:

Yep, I thought so.
Presley has been married four times. In 1988, she married musician Danny Keough, with whom she had a son and a daughter. She was then married to singer Michael Jackson and briefly to actor Nicolas Cage, before marrying music producer Michael Lockwood, father of her twin girls. In 2010, they moved to Coe's Hall, Rotherfield, East Sussex, in the United Kingdom.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Marie_Presley

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.