Link: Alabama on the verge of perhaps the greatest run in college football history

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I like the props and I think we win, but it would be nice if the press wasn't acting like we have this in the bag. Our team has been silent, but Clemson is getting some mad "disrespect" material from the press. Has there been even one article saying Clemson has the upper hand? Kannell doesn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I like the props and I think we win, but it would be nice if the press wasn't acting like we have this in the bag. Our team has been silent, but Clemson is getting some mad "disrespect" material from the press. Has there been even one article saying Clemson has the upper hand? Kannell doesn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I`m not saying they are, but if the players were to take a "take it for granted " attitude like many of the pundits, we`ll have our hats handed to us and shown the door.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Nice read...love everything written that paints us in a good light. But, it is only piling on the hype of this game at this point. Clutter as coach would say. Let's win the game and get to the hypothetical rhetoric in the off season.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I saw this coming, and it contrast the perception of the average Bama fan, the significance of this NC would stretch our dynasty out to 2015, when many declared it dead and gone. It has a factor x2 national perception, or at least the media.

My views of what happens if we win differs from many. I believe it gives coach Saban a nice buffer to develop and reload the next couple of years, if that is the case. I watched coach's reaction to Les Miles very closely, and the "what have you done for me lately" aspect bothered him imo. In that spirit, this game is for Coach Saban, I want it as much as his first, much more than the last two. This is a biggie and I think the players will play that way.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I like the props and I think we win, but it would be nice if the press wasn't acting like we have this in the bag.
We saw that a little big in 2013 to. People talking about how historical it would be and so on. I think most of us feel better about this year's team though. As long as the players are not looking at it this way, I'd say it's not an issue.

Having said that, the point of the article is valid. This would clearly tie things together in terms of one long dynasty. If you have championships in 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 you've got something very special going. Then again, Alabama has something very special going either way. They're the only team to be in both playoffs, the only team in a long time to win back to back SEC championships... this game isn't the measure of how special what Alabama and Nick Saban has accomplished is.

TD10

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 28, 2009
Good observations. I agree about giving Coach Saban a chance to retool. This one is important. In terms of the dynasty, it began in 2008 for me. Tremendous season with an epic Clash of the Titans in the SEC Title game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.