JessN: Clemson preview: Quick start a must as Bama tries to tame emotional Tigers

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
A true freshman tackle starting for Clemson against any of the d-linemen of Alabama is a most notable matchup. That is a tough one for Clemson. I hope this plays out as one would expect.

Not always. CamRob started as a true freshman last year and gave up very few pressures - plus the kids been starting all year so it's not like he hasn't been tested. That said, we have at least 5 (if not 6 or 7) guys who are better than anyone he's lined up across from so far.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Jess,

That's tooooooooooooo close. I'm not sure my heart can take a close game.

Deshaun Watson threw 303/444 for 3699 yards. 31 TD 12 Int. Rushed for 1032 on 187 attempts and 12 TDs. 68% completion. QBR 86.8. The team lost 12 fumbles this year, no idea how many Watson had.....can't find that info

Last year there was a QB who went 252/391 for 3487 yards. 28 TD 10 Int. Rushed 83 times for 350 yards and 7 TDs. 65% completion percent and a QBR of 84.4. Not vs an ACC schedule. His name is Blake Sims.

And his less production in the running game was not because he couldn't have run more, it was because he had Derrick Henry and TJ Yeldon both over 1000 yards...

This guy is not $cam and he is not Manziel....and he is an overconfident Sophomore who runs slower 40 times than 9 of the 11 guys on defense
That's something I didn't even know.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I feel good about us winning, but I think their secondary is pretty good and played awfully well against Oklahoma. Watson looks like a winner to me, regardless of the outcome Monday night.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I always look forward to your previews Jess and this one is brilliant as usual. Their QB is the bell cow for that team. Keep him contained and their emotions ebbing and we're on the road to 16

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Be glad when this game is over win or lose; I am tired of the hype. Nothing left to say by anybody on both sides.
Point taken, but I am only in a hurry to see it kick off. College football season ends with this game, so I won't be in a rush to see it end - especially if Alabama blows Clemson out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.