JessN: Clemson preview: Quick start a must as Bama tries to tame emotional Tigers

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Clemson preview: Quick start a must as Bama tries to tame emotional Tigers
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
January 9th, 2016 12:35 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Jan. 8, 2016 The Alabama Crimson Tide is set to play for a national title for the fourth time in the last seven years. Although that has little to do with the current matchup, such a feat demands to be paid attention. It has been 30 years almost since the […]

Read More Here

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
I've been nervously checking for your preview all week. I'm ready for Monday. If I have to hear about Dabo's matriarchal college roommate one more time I'm going to puke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Conservative prediction figuring the 7:1 ratio. Clemson has not had to play a 4th quarter game often. And since emotion is a big part of their game plan......this Bama team tends to feed off of others emotions unlike any I've ever seen

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Deshaun Watson threw 303/444 for 3699 yards. 31 TD 12 Int. Rushed for 1032 on 187 attempts and 12 TDs. 68% completion. QBR 86.8. The team lost 12 fumbles this year, no idea how many Watson had.....can't find that info

Last year there was a QB who went 252/391 for 3487 yards. 28 TD 10 Int. Rushed 83 times for 350 yards and 7 TDs. 65% completion percent and a QBR of 84.4. Not vs an ACC schedule. His name is Blake Sims.

And his less production in the running game was not because he couldn't have run more, it was because he had Derrick Henry and TJ Yeldon both over 1000 yards...

This guy is not $cam and he is not Manziel....and he is an overconfident Sophomore who runs slower 40 times than 9 of the 11 guys on defense

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've been nervously checking for your preview all week. I'm ready for Monday. If I have to hear about Dabo's matriarchal college roommate one more time I'm going to puke.

Yeah....I agree. The bed sharing stuff has gotten old. And has little to do with the game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Glad that I am on vacation and unable to watch TV. Read the story on ESPN, great story that really touched me, but once was enough. I felt the same way about the story of Henry's grandmother leading up to the Heisman. The media runs out of material. Looking forward to the actual game.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah....I agree. The bed sharing stuff has gotten old. And has little to do with the game
Yeah too bad Verne is not calling this game so he could incessantly remind the audience that Dabo's brother was arrested this week...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Very good analysis. If Bama can shake their confidence, game is over. But if they get it going with Watson, could be tough for Bama. The Vols remind me of Clemson, and they gave Bama trouble, but Bama was stronger in the end.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
A true freshman tackle starting for Clemson against any of the d-linemen of Alabama is a most notable matchup. That is a tough one for Clemson. I hope this plays out as one would expect.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I really don't think we have to start fast. we really haven't this year, but, the second half has been all bama. Oklahoma started fast and wilted in the second half. our team is designed for 4 quarters of football. big factor.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I really don't think we have to start fast. we really haven't this year, but, the second half has been all bama. Oklahoma started fast and wilted in the second half. our team is designed for 4 quarters of football. big factor.
I think that he meant that your defense needs to take control immediately to take away the emotion. Alabama will win any game in which the defenses control the tempo early. You have played in many games that started like that this year. It will not impact Alabama's confidence or game plan. Look at the MSU game. The first 9 posessions ended in punts. Alabama didn't flinch.

Clemson needs to score early and often to keep their emotional edge. Alabama does not, but your defense needs to set the tone.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.