2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I've heard it joked that Pence is Trump's assassination shield. It frightens me that Pence is a peeved liberal with a gun away from the presidency...mainly because there are plenty of those peeved off liberals out there right now and alls you need is one of them a tad off your rocker from Mr. President Pence.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
That is true. But as you said, Trump has embraced in on a wholly different level. He embraces anti-vaccine anecdotes. His denial of climate change and plans gut alternative energy research will set us back tremendously, and he looks to be appointing a prominent climate change denier to head of the EPA.

His VP might be even worse, though. In addition to mirroring the above stances, Pence has disagreed that smoking causes cancer as recently as 2000. And he thinks the "controversy" around evolution should be taught in schools.
I'm for teach the Controversy too because it is abundantly clear that critical thinking is a skill that the majority of American's lack and the side of Pence is just so damn laughable. My class, which I did teach my homeschooled kids is awesome. I call it "why people believe easily provable and wrong stupid crap"

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
and?

you know that the ice trade used to be a huge industry too but when we invented refrigeration those people lost their jobs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_trade

I'm sure the Ice Cutters wanted to remain in the finger lakes area of New York State too, but that doesn't mean I should have to pay for them to do it (and I'm the one accused of being a Statist, LOL)

Personally I think 10-20 years is way overly pessimistic and that we will see advances in clean energy in the next 5 years that will make this entire discussion laughable
kristoff found that out the hard way

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I've heard it joked that Pence is Trump's assassination shield. It frightens me that Pence is a peeved liberal with a gun away from the presidency...mainly because there are plenty of those peeved off liberals out there right now and alls you need is one of them a tad off your rocker from Mr. President Pence.
I think most peeved liberals realize that trying that would be suicide. There is another group however that Trump has ....ed off that doesn't seem to have many issues with suicide and probably dont care much about Pence one way or the other.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I think most peeved liberals realize that trying that would be suicide. There is another group however that Trump has ....ed off that doesn't seem to have many issues with suicide and probably dont care much about Pence one way or the other.
I'm betting he won't draw a red line in the sand then wet his pants when someone crosses it like Obama. IF you don't have the guts to back up ultimatums you should hold your breath, if you don't your country looks weak.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is an uncomfortable thing to be bouncing about in my head. GOP or DNC, it is no laughing matter and I'm genuinely concerned for President Trump.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Mrs. Trump creeps you out remember who we could have had as First Lady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.