2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

I have to admit, I am really bummed out about this presidential election cycle. Republicans had 8yrs to come up with a legitimate candidate, and we get Trump. Then the Democrats are running a straight up criminal who should be rotting in prison right now. But nobody seems to care. I mean, is this a joke? We are screwed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I have to admit, I am really bummed out about this presidential election cycle. Republicans had 8yrs to come up with a legitimate candidate, and we get Trump. Then the Democrats are running a straight up criminal who should be rotting in prison right now. But nobody seems to care. I mean, is this a joke? We are screwed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not even know if I can vote on this election cycle without becoming sick to my stomach. Maybe I will write someone in because I CANNOT vote for Trump or Clinton.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

While I would largely agree with him, I am wondering why you would suggest him since every post I have seen from you makes me think you are a democrat.
why, because I advocate freedom, small government and attack the GOP for their unyielding desire to control the sex lives of others? Not agreeing with right wing wingnuts does not make me a Democrat

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

why, because I advocate freedom, small government and attack the GOP for their unyielding desire to control the sex lives of others? Not agreeing with right wing wingnuts does not make me a Democrat
I agree on freedom and small government. The two parties in control now believe in anything but small government. How does the GOP demonstrate an unyielding desire to control the sex lives of others? You lose me on that one

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

Perhaps the times that I disagree with you stand out to me more than the things that we do agree upon.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I agree on freedom and small government. The two parties in control now believe in anything but small government. How does the GOP demonstrate an unyielding desire to control the sex lives of others? You lose me on that one
If you can't see that the GOP hates the very idea of people having sex than you aren't paying attention

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA

I look at Trump's successes, and think he has accomplished an incredible amount. I look at his temperament, and I realize I don't want him to be the face of America to the world. I believe the current administration has absolutely sold us out; they hate who we are and want to change. Unfortunately, I think they have been quite successful.
I want a change, but don't think The Donald is the right face. I want an American who loves who we are and what we have accomplished. I want a president who can negotiate when that is right, and who is willing to expend the entire resources of the US to keep us free. God Bless America!

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Are you likewise against anti discrimation laws that seek to control private citizens and businesses?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

If you can't see that the GOP hates the very idea of people having sex than you aren't paying attention
I assume you have a list ready, so give us a few examples of GOP-sponsored legislation that seeks to control the sex lives of people.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

I assume you have a list ready, so give us a few examples of GOP-sponsored legislation that seeks to control the sex lives of people.
I honestly don't know what he's referring to. Since he didn't mention and make a connection to Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, or Hobby Lobby, I'm assuming he's referring to heterosexual married people having missionary sex in their own bedrooms with the lights off after the kids are tucked away, fast asleep.

Then again, maybe his beef is with the GOP's outrage over Bill Clinton, Rapist. I suppose that is a form of sex that people shouldn't get too riled up over.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Oh dear God (or someone), I'm in the seat of having to defend Jon.

Jon is a Republican (basically). Jon is NOT a religious right conservative. If I recall correctly, he once said here he had only voted for one Democrat, Zell Miller.

I think Jon goes overboard on some things, but he has very clearly stated he is NOT a Democrat. He's Goldwater, not a Bushie, if I may use shorthand.

(I'm more Reaganite, but I'm not a Reagan worshipper).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

The rhetoric is eloquent but the facts are missing.

(Folks, I'm gonna assume Jon is referring to one of his hobby horses, abstinence only education - and drawing the absurd notion that thinking TEENS should be abstinent extrapolates to everyone should be abstinent).

Besides - most of them have out of wedlock kids, too.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Not picking on Jon - he usually explains his positions very well and avoids the "drive by" posts some on the left do while calling the Non-Sport board a place filled with right wing lunatics.

Jon, you mention you are for freedom and small government. That sounds like either a conservative or a libertarian. Is this sex reference over taxpayer subsidies to cover birth control?

I'm really at a loss here to follow you.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I'll try to answer this all at once, though Selma and you have both hit on some of it, i think I can answer it with one sentence

If the GOP wanted to "respect life" and lower abortion it is very, very easy to do as has been shown all over the world, teach real sex ed and provide free birth control, since they will never do this we can see that it has nothing to do with life and everything to do with controlling sex

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I'll try to answer this all at once, though Selma and you have both hit on some of it, i think I can answer it with one sentence

If the GOP wanted to "respect life" and lower abortion it is very, very easy to do as has been shown all over the world, teach real sex ed and provide free birth control, since they will never do this we can see that it has nothing to do with life and everything to do with controlling sex
Sex Ed, or the lack thereof, and birth control, or the lack thereof, have nothing to do with controlling sex. Evidence would suggest that with or without either, people are going to have sex, and sex has not been made illegal. Your fascination with others' sex lives is amusing.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

I look at Trump's successes, and think he has accomplished an incredible amount. I look at his temperament, and I realize I don't want him to be the face of America to the world. I believe the current administration has absolutely sold us out; they hate who we are and want to change. Unfortunately, I think they have been quite successful.
I want a change, but don't think The Donald is the right face. I want an American who loves who we are and what we have accomplished. I want a president who can negotiate when that is right, and who is willing to expend the entire resources of the US to keep us free. God Bless America!
Keep in mind the temperament you are seeing is the temperament of a man doing battle.

In that context......I like what I see. A competitor!

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Sex Ed, or the lack thereof, and birth control, or the lack thereof, have nothing to do with controlling sex. Evidence would suggest that with or without either, people are going to have sex, and sex has not been made illegal. Your fascination with others' sex lives is amusing.
Ha!

nice try

why be against birth control and sex ed then? What purpose could that serve?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.