2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Trump had the best numbers among democratic voters of any Republican candidate. It's not even close. He'll win far more swing votes than someone like Cruz.
That is what I think ticks off the Republican establishment about Trump. For all the caterwauling about "growing the party" (by giving the Democrats everything they want on amnesty), I think Trump does pull in what I call "Archie Bunker Democrats."

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

That is what I think ticks off the Republican establishment about Trump. For all the caterwauling about "growing the party" (by giving the Democrats everything they want on amnesty), I think Trump does pull in what I call "Archie Bunker Democrats."
Yes. 20% is a fairly large number if it's accurate.

After watching part of the Dem. debate last night I am curious if that 20% will be gone forever from the Democrats.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Yes. 20% is a fairly large number if it's accurate.

After watching part of the Dem. debate last night I am curious if that 20% will be gone forever from the Democrats.
Wow, you watched the Democrat debate? Lots of room under that tent.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Wow, you watched the Democrat debate? Lots of room under that tent.
The first 30 minutes it was Black Lives Matter, police racism, gun control, and Obamacare. No mention of ISIS or the $19 Trillion debt.

At some point O'Malley seized the moment and I dozed off for good.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Trump's hateful rhetoric toward Muslims (i.e. more than 3 million Americans) is one of the most damaging messages I've heard from a presidential candidate in my lifetime. He's invoked multiple 1940's era policies as modern solutions to the "Muslim problem," despite being illegal, divisive, and profoundly dehumanizing. His words are so internationally shunned that our closest ally is actually debating today whether he should be barred from entering their country.

Believe what you will about the others in this race, but Trump is not suitable to be leader of the free world.
Dehumanizing eh?

You wanna talk about Hillary's role alongside her husband of digging up dirt on other human beings to prevent "bimbo eruptions?"

Wanna talk about which candidate listed Republicans as her enemies but NOT ISIS? Put those same words in Trump's mouth and the story sound be what a hatemonger he is - Hillary gets a free pass.

And I'm not advocating diddly FOR Trump but he's not the only one with a biting tongue.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Trump's hateful rhetoric toward Muslims (i.e. more than 3 million Americans) is one of the most damaging messages I've heard from a presidential candidate in my lifetime. He's invoked multiple 1940's era policies as modern solutions to the "Muslim problem," despite being illegal, divisive, and profoundly dehumanizing. His words are so internationally shunned that our closest ally is actually debating today whether he should be barred from entering their country.

Believe what you will about the others in this race, but Trump is not suitable to be leader of the free world.
Dehumanizing? Like ISIS throwing gays off the building?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...SIS-stoned-baying-mob-including-children.html

Ask and ye shall receive.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

I think his point is that calling what Trump says dehumanizing is pretty absurd, given the actual dehumanizing things going on in the world.
Fair enough. Although since that minor point was his only response, it's hard for me to determine if he and I agree apart from the strength of that one descriptor.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Trump is such a caricature, I'm still not certain this isn't some publicity stunt or that he's not working as a shill for Hillary.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I'll try to answer this all at once, though Selma and you have both hit on some of it, i think I can answer it with one sentence

If the GOP wanted to "respect life" and lower abortion it is very, very easy to do as has been shown all over the world, teach real sex ed and provide free birth control, since they will never do this we can see that it has nothing to do with life and everything to do with controlling sex

They fully funded Obamacare which does this already. Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.