2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

What the RNC needs to do is pull their collective heads out of their butts, buy shoe shine kits and lint brushes, and start right now to groom 3 or 4 candidates for the 2020 Republican Primary/Presidential Election, i.e. upgrade from the clown car to a limo (regardless of who wins this time around). And tell the candidates no fighting/negative campaigning/name-calling within the party, or Luigi and Guido will come and break their legs...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

What the RNC needs to do is pull their collective heads out of their butts, buy shoe shine kits and lint brushes, and start right now to groom 3 or 4 candidates for the 2020 Republican Primary/Presidential Election, i.e. upgrade from the clown car to a limo (regardless of who wins this time around). And tell the candidates no fighting/negative campaigning/name-calling within the party, or Luigi and Guido will come and break their legs...
Why wait til 2020?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

won't matter until they update the platform. Their message currently appeals to a rapidly declining demographic. If they don't make some massive changes they have no real hope for the future in National elections

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

They have a candidate who is a true conservative. Conservatism is what the country needs to return to The Constitution and start to decrease spending and the debt. The problem is some of the establishment doesn't like that candidate because he didn't want to go along with business as usual, so they told everyone he was unlikable. The leader, Donald Trump has been lying about him and the media is all in for Trump because they know he can't beat Hillary, who they want because most of them are liberals. Others oppose him because of his voice or his looks, which is really shallow. That candidate is Ted Cruz, his record proves what he is but the ranting of a man who is a fake has overshadowed the truth and mesmerized millions. Millions are going to be disappointed and feel guilty for supporting a shill.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

They have a candidate who is a true conservative. Conservatism is what the country needs to return to The Constitution and start to decrease spending and the debt. The problem is some of the establishment doesn't like that candidate because he didn't want to go along with business as usual, so they told everyone he was unlikable. The leader, Donald Trump has been lying about him and the media is all in for Trump because they know he can't beat Hillary, who they want because most of them are liberals. Others oppose him because of his voice or his looks, which is really shallow. That candidate is Ted Cruz, his record proves what he is but the ranting of a man who is a fake has overshadowed the truth and mesmerized millions. Millions are going to be disappointed and feel guilty for supporting a shill.
He might be a true conservative, but he had no chance against Hillary if he couldn't silence a clown like Trump.Anyone who thinks the person that made HP tank would be a good VP has issues. I really thought the Sarah Palin VP choice was forever going to be the dumbest but I don't know anymore.

But Cruz isn't this white knight that his supporters try to make him out to be. To be honest, had Trump not came into to race and destroyed Bush and Walker pretty early, Cruz would've been nowhere to be found at Super Tuesday.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

He might be a true conservative, but he had no chance against Hillary if he couldn't silence a clown like Trump.Anyone who thinks the person that made HP tank would be a good VP has issues. I really thought the Sarah Palin VP choice was forever going to be the dumbest but I don't know anymore.

But Cruz isn't this white knight that his supporters try to make him out to be. To be honest, had Trump not come into to race and destroyed Bush and Walker pretty early, Cruz would've been nowhere to be found at Super Tuesday.
Did you remember that she wanted to shed all their other products and go back to making only printers?

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Did you remember that she wanted to shed all their other products and go back to making only printers?
And since then, Meg Whitman essentially did this by splitting HP into two companies. HP, Inc. sells printers and PCs while HP Enterprises sells servers, software, storage, networking, and other services.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I've spent over 20 years in High Tech most of that with companies within a few miles of HP's corporate HQ in palo alto and no one I know in the industry including several who have worked with her personally likes her. She is the "ted cruz" of the silicon valley.

"We'll win California by taking the most hated person in the only sector their economy is growing"

smart move

Always makes me think of my favorite McNealyism, which sprung from her brilliant idea

• "The visual I see is a slow-motion collision of two garbage trucks--and they are just about to meet bumpers." (On the prospects for the Hewlett-Packard and Compaq merger.)

- Scott McNealy Co-founder Sun Micro systems

Last edited:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

people don't like that candidate because he gladly buddies up to horrible people and spent his time as a senator making the rest of his party look bad by pulling stupid publicity stunts that made him look good by comparison to people who don't know better. He's earned the hate and from my perspective seems to be a truly despicable person. Not because of how he's been painted by the media but by his own actions. He has no chance in a national election

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

people don't like that candidate because he gladly buddies up to horrible people and spent his time as a senator making the rest of his party look bad by pulling stupid publicity stunts that made him look good by comparison to people who don't know better. He's earned the hate and from my perspective seems to be a truly despicable person. Not because of how he's been painted by the media but by his own actions. He has no chance in a national election
Yep. My most hated Ted Cruz line, "Obamacare, ain't nobody got time for that...."

I'm not a fan of Obamacare by any stretch (it's cost me A LOT of $) but don't try that hard to relate to millennials. He made himself look stupid to most people 35 and under trying to imitate Sweet Brown from her 15 minutes of fame on YouTube.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Yep. My most hated Ted Cruz line, "Obamacare, ain't nobody got time for that...."

I'm not a fan of Obamacare by any stretch (it's cost me A LOT of $) but don't try that hard to relate to millennials. He made himself look stupid to most people 35 and under trying to imitate Sweet Brown from her 15 minutes of fame on YouTube.
Between Ted Cruz and Donald I honestly believe Donald is the lesser of two evils. Ted is like the swindling used car salesman that has the jacket and well oiled hair that will try to sell you a lemon for 3k over the Kelly blue book value without brakes. Donald is that guy that posts a car on the classifieds but won't let you come over and look at it until you buy it. Atleast you know you are taking a shot in the dark with the classifieds, and you are being coached into one by an "honest" man.

Ted Cruz would've never risen to where he is today without Donald beating the crap out of Jeb and getting everyone paranoid about racism. Had Donald not came along Rubio would probably be declaring victory after Florida. I just don't buy that Cruz is much better than Trump, or that he is capable of beating Hilliary. If he can't beat Donald how can he beat her.

Last edited:

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Have you seen the poll numbers of Trump against Hillary? She wins by 10 points. His negatives are at 73% nationally. He won the northeastern States by a big majority but will not carry a single one of those against Hillary.
The media are allowing him to say whatever he wants now but will turn on him in general just like they did John McCain. He has a lot of baggage that has not been fully exposed yet. He cannot win. He has so divided voters no GOP nominee can win now. He is her shill. Before he can in and played to the leftist stereotypes of the right she was toast.

By the way, I am not campaigning here, I have accepted Trump will more than likely be the nominee. Just discussing what is.

I do have one question for Jon though. Who are the horrible people Ted Cruz has made his buddies? His father, I will concede because I know you don't like religious people, but who else. Someone who endorses him is not a buddy.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010

Don't know where that line came from but Ted Cruz fought against Obamacare and even wanted to use it in a bargaining chip when the government shut down but John Boehner shot him down. You really should do a little research, Boehner was the one who said that. If Ted Cruz said that I would like to see a source for it.
I have no idea who Sweet Brown is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.