2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

My post got analyzed more than Mrs. Trump's speech.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

I did not know a lot of the things said in this NYT op-ed column. I have been very hesitant to call Trump a racist, but this doesn't sound good.
Expect the NYT to print a lot more articles like this. It's become an election year trend.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

In other news, Rep Keith Ellison informs us all that Trump is the worst GOP nominee since George Wallace.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/3452402/posts

(If I have to explain this to any of you, don't vote).
About the closest George came to being a member of the GOP was when he said there was not a dime's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans. Did Rep. Keith Ellison take REVISIONIST American History in school?

George Wallace was a Democratic Party embarrassment to the state of Alabama and to the University of Alabama! He was power hungry just like HiLIARy. Well, maybe not as much as HiLIARy.

I saw the movie HiLIARy's America today. If you are a Black American or an Indian America you need to/MUST see it with OPEN EYES and EARS!

The corruption of the Democratic Party started a long time ago, at least with Andrew Jackson.

If you see this movie and are a crimson blooded American, you WON'T vote for Crooked, Corrupt, Lying, Deceiving HiLIARy.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

About the closest George came to being a member of the GOP was when he said there was not a dime's worth of difference between Democrats and Republicans. Did Rep. Keith Ellison take REVISIONIST American History in school?

Is there any other type of history being taught in today's schools?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I was not aware of those claims by Maher and Hitchens. But, Obama has attended Christian churches for years and professes to be a Christian. I've hear a thousand people in my life claim that this or that person wasn't a "real Christian". Apparently according to whatever standards they've chosen to apply. I certainly haven't seen any evidence that he's a Muslim. Although I'm sure somebody's going to tell me he's a "sleeper Muslim" or something.

I'll take your word for that. But, it doesn't really have anything to do my point. Clinton hasn't been keeping the claim going for the last eight years. Conservatives of various stripes have, including the GOP nominee.

Where have those conservatives been the last eight years?

I don't doubt it. I don't recall any of those claims, but I heard a million cracks about Hillary being a lesbian and how ugly she and Chelsea were. Rush Limbaugh actually called Chelsea, who was 12 or so years old at the time, the White House Dog a few times. Some of my friends repeated that joke a lot. I was slightly right of center back then and thought it was classless and told them so. She was a kid for God's sake.

My memory isn't in your league, but I honestly don't remember wives and children of presidents being ridiculed very much at all before the Clinton administration. Of or by either party. It seems like things took a nasty turn in that regard around that time. It seems to have gotten progressively worse.
That's not exactly what happened with Rush but never let Dem talking points get in the way of the truth. False narratives are their bread and butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Good read here. I know some will dismiss it, but there are some really good points made...

History tells us what will happen next with Brexit & Trump

Ignoring and mocking the experts , as people are doing around Brexit and Trump’s campaign, is no different to ignoring a doctor who tells you to stop smoking, and then finding later you’ve developed incurable cancer. A little thing leads to an unstoppable destruction that could have been prevented if you’d listened and thought a bit. But people smoke, and people die from it. That is the way of the human.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Good read here. I know some will dismiss it, but there are some really good points made...

History tells us what will happen next with Brexit & Trump
Chilling read. I think he's on to it. I just have one problem. With regards to Brexit/Trump. Great Britain did not get to Brexit simply by xenophobia and racism. Trump didn't win the Republican nomination (and won't win the presidency) simply by xenophobia and racism. Millions of good people have been negatively affected by the decisions made by people currently in power in the US and Europe. Rarely do I see that referenced by the highly intelligent people such as this guy. (I do not mean highly intelligent sarcastically at all).

But, no matter how I feel about Brexit, and especially how I feel about the Progressive movement in the US, I can see that worldwide events are occurring almost daily that bring reminders of the lead up to WWI and WWII. Having a 2 year old and another on the way, I find it difficult not to have a nervous breakdown at times.

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA

I thought most people don't want an overly religious leader? I figured the Donald would be right up most everyone's alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the evangelicals' support of Trump has been one of the most fascinating things about this election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.