2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Re: Neither Bush will endorse Trump

That's the hell of it. I guess it's time for a Libertarian protest vote...
Heck, a Libertarian could actually win this one.

Just promise to build a Wall. But don't get into the specifics of where the Wall will be. If some folks want to assume it'll be on the southern border, fine. Maybe it'll encircle the District of Columbia instead.

Get sponsors for the Wall, so it won't be built using taxpayer dollars. And no overhead associated with sending collection noticed to Mexico.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Just promise to build a Wall. But don't get into the specifics of where the Wall will be. If some folks want to assume it'll be on the southern border, fine. Maybe it'll encircle the District of Columbia instead.

Get sponsors for the Wall, so it won't be built using taxpayer dollars. And no overhead associated with sending collection noticed to Mexico.
Build a 2000 foot wall around each of Wall Street, DC and Hollywood and fill it up with water. That would resolve many of our problems.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The most clownish explanation of these grandiose schemes was when he said that he was going to collect the cost of the wall from the illegals' remittances, the same illegals he's going he's going to deport. The whole thing is just a rah-rah cheer-leading device he can use to whip up his fan boys and girls...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

This joke goes all the way back to the Truman administration - Harry was speaking to a tribe of Indians in OK and, with each promise, the Indians would answer back with a resounding "Hoo-pah." HST (remember the "S" stood for nothing - he made it up because he had no middle name) thought that was cute, that they were cheering him in their native tongue. As he descended from the platform with the chief, the chief said "Careful, don't step in that pile of "Hoo-pah." Well, that's 95% of what you get in a Trump speech - Hoo-pah...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Hey Earle.....given the current presidential race....as you see it.....what role has the American voter played in the situation we find ourselves in today?

I'm curious as to your opinion(s) on that aspect. Thanks!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

This joke goes all the way back to the Truman administration - Harry was speaking to a tribe of Indians in OK and, with each promise, the Indians would answer back with a resounding "Hoo-pah." HST (remember the "S" stood for nothing - he made it up because he had no middle name) thought that was cute, that they were cheering him in their native tongue. As he descended from the platform with the chief, the chief said "Careful, don't step in that pile of "Hoo-pah." Well, that's 95% of what you get in a Trump speech - Hoo-pah...
i guess it is a function of my age, but every time i see hst, i think of hunter s. thompson, not truman :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Hey Earle.....given the current presidential race....as you see it.....what role has the American voter played in the situation we find ourselves in today?

I'm curious as to your opinion(s) on that aspect. Thanks!
IDK. I'll think about it. Offhand, the first thing which comes my mind is not the voters but rules made by the parties both at the national level and also at the state level. LOL! I looked up and I'd typed "boters." In the Smokies park, there's a broad trail going up from Greenbrier to the AT called the "Bote Mountain Road." The history of it is that, during the Civil War, the Confederates needed a road across the mountains to transport war materiel. They asked the Cherokees, who have no "v" in their language. The ridge they approved thus became "Bote Mountain." The adjacent ridge they turned down became "Defeat Ridge."

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...rump-is-sports-car-rest-are-school-buses.html
These articles trying to explain Trump pop up every few days, but I agree with this one mostly.
what they all leave out that should be there

25 years (ish) of right wing radio telling their core that the "establishment" was letting them down plus the continued dumbing down of the messages and a few cycles of losing, badly, at the national level left a ripe and dumb audience eager for an authoritarian "winner". Trump exploited this brilliantly

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

if he's a sports car, he's a delorean ;)
I just think its not some random accident, or that he stumbled into the nomination. The man is an actor, a good one. I disagree with him most of the time, but I think he is smarter than people give him credit for.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I just think its not some random accident, or that he stumbled into the nomination. The man is an actor, a good one. I disagree with him most of the time, but I think he is smarter than people give him credit for.
smart? maybe. extremely competent at spotting a mark and then exploiting them? absolutely. [see jon's post above]

i agree that he didn't just stumble into the election. the groundwork for this on the conservative "side" has been laid for years. [ibid.]

eta: something i recently saw, trump is not the disease, he is the symptom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.