2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

i sent a few of these ballots out when i was younger. i rarely won.
Should have said "Do you like Jane or me?" The answer, of course, was "I pick Jane because she's not you." No one would have ever thought to say "Neither, because you both suck", would they? No one would have thought of picking someone else entirely, because they were only given 2 choices. I know we're poking fun, but seriously - who the hell only chooses among the choices someone else gives them without thinking for their damn self?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

this campaign season just keeps on delivering

I don't think there's a data point that better captures the weirdness of this presidential election cycle than the following:

According to the Federal Election Commission filings, Donald Trump's presidential campaign has spent $1.8 million on polling from June 2015 through September of this year (the most recent month for which data are available). The report also lists $3.2 million spent on hats.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...paign-has-spent-more-on-hats-than-on-polling/

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007

I also think

1. target ~40%? of the voters
2. alienate your base
3. energize their base
4. have no significant voter turnout operation.

is an "interesting" strategy.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Pat Condell is a interesting guy. His views on religion are a little intense for most, even me occasionally you should probably check out more of his stuff before getting behind anything he says. I actually agree with him on much but think he is way too extreme and over the top.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Thanks for your input, Jon.
just saying, compared to him I lead a bible study, dude is extreme. Check out The Unites States of Jesus if you're interested, it's kinda fun

also just finished watching the video you posted and his extreme is really showing. Brexit was and will be horrible for Great Britain and I truly believe Trump would be far worse for us.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

A lot of Trump voters are not voting because of his personality or other attributes ( or lack of attributes) - they are voting for him because they dislike both the Republican and Democratic Party and they feel this is (as the video suggested) our last chance (or only hope) to break free from the status quo.

Now I fully realize that not everyone thinks this way and that is OK with me.

Just like I don't expect everyone to wonder why we don't have great music anymore like The Alan Parsons project "Eye in the Sky".

People have various standards and beliefs. That is the fabric of our society.

But in the end....the video made a lot of sense for me....but I don't expect everyone else to feel the same way. Which is OK.

Cheers (as they say in GREAT Britain)! :)

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005

I guess I missed this news. Bill Weld, the Libertarian VP candidate, just told America that, if you're choosing between Trump and Clinton... don't vote for Trump.

Only, he said it in much stronger language than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

File under "Send in the Clowns" -

“I think Sarah would make a good secretary of state. She knows a lot of stuff about foreign affairs. Bill O’Reilly is a good family man and would make a great press secretary. He would knock the press into shape.”
From my political stance, the "knock the press into shape" is the most disturbing part since it continues to show the complete insensitivity to the 1st amendment...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I would imagine that all you need to know is that she has eyes on Russia at all times.
Good grief. As if we didn't need more proof he has no clue what he is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

File under "Send in the Clowns" -

From my political stance, the "knock the press into shape" is the most disturbing part since it continues to show the complete insensitivity to the 1st amendment...
Its not like he hasn't openly discussed a hatred of the first amendment already so I am sure you aren't shocked by this

and Palin as secretary of State? Wow

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

If Whalberg plays Putin, whenever the skit is over he should tell Tina, "Say hello to ya' motha' for me."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.