2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

No rain in a freaking is NOT a drought. This region is a daggum desert. It always has been. The number one people like it is because of the very mild predictable climate. They've always diverted water from elsewhere because it is a wonderful place to grow crops if you can move the water to it. These cycles out west are also nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Back to the California drought situation there is a YouTube video titled "Dead Harvest" which addresses the policies that have brought about the water shortages. Lawsuits by well funded environmental groups in the SF Bay Area have had devastating consequences on farming and employment. Check out the video before saying Trump is off base on this one. And the drought has not caused the problems there. The governmental re-engineering of the most productive farmland in the world has been going on since 1992.

"Dead Harvest" is not just a propaganda piece against the nutty SF Bay folks; it also discusses solutions which can be easily attained by a reversal of these disastrous policies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Whether you split hair or not, it's arid and there's not enough surplus water to supply all of the competing needs...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

The case for Newt Gingrich (or the like) as Trump's VP:

http://spectator.org/the-case-for-vice-president-newt-gingrich/
No. I just don't see that happening. We have to look at the big picture, which is not only how well he would help Trump get things accomplished during his (4 or 8 year) administration, but whether he would be a quality pick as the next President following that.
Personally, I don't think Newt is one to get things accomplished. He might make another Joe Biden, and I don't think we need that.
I think a better choice would be Jeff Sessions..

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

No. I just don't see that happening. We have to look at the big picture, which is not only how well he would help Trump get things accomplished during his (4 or 8 year) administration, but whether he would be a quality pick as the next President following that.
Personally, I don't think Newt is one to get things accomplished. He might make another Joe Biden, and I don't think we need that.
I think a better choice would be Jeff Sessions..
Fair enough...Newt wouldn't be my choice either...I just found the opinion piece interesting. Trump really shouldn't pick the likes of Newt or Sessions at this point. Neither represents states in play, and both are too white and male.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

The case for Newt Gingrich (or the like) as Trump's VP:

http://spectator.org/the-case-for-vice-president-newt-gingrich/
IMO, if Trump picks him as VP it will prove what some are saying, Trump doesn't really want to be pres. Its just his ego that drives him but actually becoming pres and having to govern and give up his other endeavors for 4 or more years is not what he ultimately wants.
Both Trump & Clinton really need to pick someone with positive approval ratings to give the impression of some balance on the ticket. That would not be Newt.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Fair enough...Newt wouldn't be my choice either...I just found the opinion piece interesting. Trump really shouldn't pick the likes of Newt or Sessions at this point. Neither represents states in play, and both are too white and male.
And pander to the racist and sexist groups? You've got to be kidding.. ,
Now I'm not saying his pick should not be female or non-white. I am saying that Trump should make his VP choice based on his/her qualification for the office, not on their race or gender.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

And pander to the racist and sexist groups? You've got to be kidding.. ,
Now I'm not saying his pick should not be female or non-white. I am saying that Trump should make his VP choice based on his/her qualification for the office, not on their race or gender.
For sure...I would never suggest that an unqualified candidate be chosen.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Donald Trump did not steal your money.
Donald Trump did not raise your taxes.
Donald Trump did not quadruple the price of food.
Trump is not stirring a race war.
Trump did not leave any US soldiers in Benghazi to be slaughtered and desecrated by Muslims.
Trump did not send the US Navy to fight for Syrian Al-Qaeda.
Trump did not arm ISIS and systematically exterminate Christians
throughout the Middle East.
Trump did not betray Israel.
Trump did not provide financing and technology to Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Trump did not give our military secrets to China.
Trump did not remove our nuclear missile shield in Poland at the behest of Russia.
Trump did not shrivel our military, and betray our veterans.
Trump did not cripple our economy.
Trump did not increase our debt to 20 trillion dollars.
Trump did not ruin our credit, twice.
Trump did not double unemployment.
Trump did not increase welfare to a record level for eight years.
Trump did not sign a law making it legal to execute, and imprison Americans.
Trump did not set free terrorists from Guantanamo bay.
Trump is not stealing your rights! (But we all know who did, so let's not forget who IS NOT OUR FRIEND.)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Donald Trump did not steal your money.
Donald Trump did not raise your taxes.
Donald Trump did not quadruple the price of food.
Trump is not stirring a race war.
Trump did not leave any US soldiers in Benghazi to be slaughtered and desecrated by Muslims.
Trump did not send the US Navy to fight for Syrian Al-Qaeda.
Trump did not arm ISIS and systematically exterminate Christians
throughout the Middle East.
Trump did not betray Israel.
Trump did not provide financing and technology to Iran's nuclear weapons program.
Trump did not give our military secrets to China.
Trump did not remove our nuclear missile shield in Poland at the behest of Russia.
Trump did not shrivel our military, and betray our veterans.
Trump did not cripple our economy.
Trump did not increase our debt to 20 trillion dollars.
Trump did not ruin our credit, twice.
Trump did not double unemployment.
Trump did not increase welfare to a record level for eight years.
Trump did not sign a law making it legal to execute, and imprison Americans.
Trump did not set free terrorists from Guantanamo bay.
Trump is not stealing your rights! (But we all know who did, so let's not forget who IS NOT OUR FRIEND.)
Just to pick one - no soldier did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.