2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I would say that the gap between the "experts" and the people is pretty wide
There are a few penning pieces and others speaking on the belief that Donald Trump could actually become our 45th president.

As a conservative I've certainly got reservations about the guy because many principles he shouts are far from conservative. I'm also leery of populism but I agree with two of his major issues, the border and a temporary ban on Muslim immigrants from countries who speak with vicious hatred about the U.S.

I believe he would absolutely win against HRC. He would pivot for the general and his populism is attracting many constituents that the Dems traditionally get with zero effort. Polling is beginning to reflect that.

A new survey shows a sizable number of Democrats ready to defect from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump. http://t.usnews.com/Zgswvh

Trump would get the largest number of black voters a Republican candidate has gotten in a long long time.

The thing though that has irked me more than any other is what Jeb and many of the other establish Republicans have said in regards to Trump and Cruz. They have said they won't vote for them. For YEARS conservatives in the party have been told to shut up, suck it up, and to vote for the nominee. It happened with Dole, McCain, and with Romney. It happens in smaller elections to with Congress. Well, it might now be their turn and this is how they react.

Maybe the other candidates should have been the ones who had to sign that stupid pledge.

Regardless of what happens one thing is for sure, Trump has made this a helluva lot more entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

The Democratic Party has gone off the cliff. And it appears they're taking the Republican establishment with them.

Hillary is speaking to crowds of 200 or less and has heavily armed US Secret Service agents shielding her from reporters. O'Malley had one person show up at a meet and greet. Then look at Trump's crowds.

Granted, Trump is filling arenas and stadiums in red states, but the message is clear.

For the remaining Dems with a moral compass who see The Criminal as their best hope, will they sit this one out or grudginly drag themselves to the polls like the Republicans have been expected to do for the last seven elections?

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

First question is can Trump win the nomination? Voters are eating up his populist message, and at the moment, no one seems to be seriously challenging him, which is a damning statement if you're GOP leadership. I thought Rubio might be able to make a run at him, but Rubio seems committed to spinning a gauzy American dream message, and the voters seem to be looking for a more aggressive message.

If he wins the nomination, he can win the presidency, because there is enough free-floating antipathy towards Hilary to overcome the fact that Trump has been pretty much all bluster to this point. There will only be a few sing states, and anything can happen.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Once the nomination is locked up, the media, CNNCBSNBCABCWaPoNYT, who loathe him, will start with the "Donald, have you stopped beating your wife?" questions. If Donald says "No, (I have never beat my wife)" the headline will be "Donald admits he still beats his wife." If he says "Yes, (I did stop beating my wife)" the headline will be "Donald admits he used to beat his wife."
Meanwhile, the questions for Hillary will be, "Isn't it true, Madame Secretary, that you are the most intelligent woman in American history?" and "Don't you think you would be the most wonderful President the United States have ever had?"
To answer the question, I believe once the media have gone to work driving down Trumps number and driving up Hillary's, Trump won't stand much of a chance. The Republicans would probably be making a serious mistake nominating him.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Yep, the Donald can win.....

On a scale of 1-10......

Am I happy with that idea? 3
Will he be a good president? 5
Entertainment value? 10

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Sait it before.... If Trump is Republican nominee, he has my vote. Frankly, I don't care who the Republican nominee is, just freaking carry Florida and Ohio. That is all. NO more liberals in the WH!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Once the nomination is locked up, the media, CNNCBSNBCABCWaPoNYT, who loathe him, will start with the "Donald, have you stopped beating your wife?" questions. If Donald says "No, (I have never beat my wife)" the headline will be "Donald admits he still beats his wife." If he says "Yes, (I did stop beating my wife)" the headline will be "Donald admits he used to beat his wife."
Meanwhile, the questions for Hillary will be, "Isn't it true, Madame Secretary, that you are the most intelligent woman in American history?" and "Don't you think you would be the most wonderful President the United States have ever had?"
To answer the question, I believe once the media have gone to work driving down Trumps number and driving up Hillary's, Trump won't stand much of a chance. The Republicans would probably be making a serious mistake nominating him.

I understand why you are saying this TW, but have to respectfully disagree. Here's why....

Trump is unlike any candidate we've ever seen. For the media in particular - this means huge ratings and they know it. But the thing with Trump is - he will shut you down if you don't play nice. In other words, if any media outlet starts spewing stuff that is not true or in proper context to the election (in Trump's opinion) they are out as far as interviews and appearances are concerned. And there's more.....Trump is a person who understands what the media can do for a candidate and he (more than Hillary) has and will continue to make himself available to any media outlet, as long as they don't tee him off. Which translates to dollars for the media outlet.

So essentially - any media outlet that tries to poop on "The Donald" will be left behind and will lose $$$ - and however much that media outlet leans left - they won't put their politics before their earnings. That much we KNOW to be true. The almighty dollar rules the media! :rolleyes:

On the flip side, IMHO Hillary is going down in flames because of her baggage. I don't know if it will be some previously unreleased document, or an actual indictment, or just someone coming forward and going on record about some incident. She already has enough negative ballast on hand right now to sink her - don't think it will take much more to finish the job.

Obviously we still have a ways to go before the nominees are chosen so things can and will change between now and then but that's my take on how I see things playing out. What some feel are Trump's faults are going to serve him well wrt the media and fighting his opponent(s).

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Sort of off topic but new e-mails released on Friday reveals that Hillary instructed an aide to remove the header "Classified." And the count of Classified e-mails on her homebrew server is up to1300+, despite her claiming no Classified e-mails were sent or received on her Clinton e-mail account.

Nothing to see but multiple felonies here....move along.....

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Bazza, you may be right.
Two aspects of Trump that stick out to me.
1. He punches back. The normal Republican response to being accused of wanting to kill old people or throw granny off the cliff is to say, "Yes. I am a horrible person. Please vote for me anyway." Trump punches back. I do not want someone who will play nice with the Democrats. I want someone who will kick their dadgum teeth out. I want someone who will "cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks" (metaphorically, not literally).
2. Trump in some ways broadens the party. Establishment Republicans go on and on about "broadening the party," by which they mean, "Give the Democrats everything they want on amnesty for illegals." Trump does broaden the party, just not the way establishment Republican want. He brings in what I would call the Archie Bunker types. These are Americans that the country club Republicans would rather not keep company with. They don't mind the Hispanics, because the Hispanics don't get let inside the gated community, unless as groundskeepers.

But mark my words, once the nomination is in the bag (assuming it will be), the CNNCBSNBCABCWaPoNYT media guys will bring out the fangs and you will see stories about how Trump kicks puppies for fun, talks on his cell phone during movies, etc. And the average Netflix/Kim Kardashian American will look up from his distractions long enough to notice. "Huh? Trump kicks puppies? For fun? And I'm being told its time for a woman in the White House? Hmm. Is there a woman running? Yeah, there is? Guess I'm voting for her."

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

Sort of off topic but new e-mails released on Friday reveals that Hillary instructed an aide to remove the header "Classified." And the count of Classified e-mails on her homebrew server is up to1300+, despite her claiming no Classified e-mails were sent or received on her Clinton e-mail account.

Nothing to see but multiple felonies here....move along.....
Judge Napolitano wrote a piece that Hillary said, "I did not handle any emails on my server that were marked 'classified.'" That is true. US classified documents are marked "Confidential," "Secret," or "Top Secret." Hillary's statement is technically true, but breathtakingly deceptive.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I don't like Trump, but the idea of a President Hillary Clinton makes me hope for a global killer asteroid. Maybe I will win the lottery tonight and I can just go buy my on island?

or better yet run for president myself. My campaign slogan will be "I am not them"

Last edited:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

Judge Napolitano wrote a piece that Hillary said, "I did not handle any emails on my server that were marked "classified." That is true. US classified documents are marked "Confidential," "Secret," or
"Top Secret." Hillary's statement is technically rue, but breathtakingly deceptive.
I stand corrected on the terminology. Reminiscent of "sexual relations" isn't it? With apologies to Earle and bamabelle: Lawyering just proves itself over and over to be one of the slimiest occupations when they become politicians.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.