2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Here's the thing about Trump--if he wins Iowa, it defies all conventional wisdom, even with the polls. Iowa has always been about ground game. Trump has none. So he has to depend on people going to vote for him on their own. Meanwhile, Rubio and Cruz will have their ground game running overtime. This is also why Hillary will probably win Iowa. Her ground game dwarfs Sanders. (same reason Obama won Iowa 8 years ago). We'll see. Should be interesting.
Cokie Roberts said this AM that winning Iowa didn't mean much, given their track record. OTOH, she said that, if you're perceived as the front-runner, then losing Iowa could be a disaster hard to overcome. IDK how much truth is in that...

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Here's the thing about Trump--if he wins Iowa, it defies all conventional wisdom, even with the polls. Iowa has always been about ground game. Trump has none. So he has to depend on people going to vote for him on their own. Meanwhile, Rubio and Cruz will have their ground game running overtime. This is also why Hillary will probably win Iowa. Her ground game dwarfs Sanders. (same reason Obama won Iowa 8 years ago). We'll see. Should be interesting.
He may have a good Passing Game instead. :)

Have Republicans caught up with the Democrats on the Technology Game?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I think that's especially true for Trump. Nothing he has said has brought him down, but losing the aura of invincibility would be disastrous.
House built upon sand. Trump's Iowa outreach was basically 6 speeches, 1 movie theater rental, and a last day speech on the Tarmac where he basically said, "If I lose Iowa, Iowans suck."

He's now pooping off like the liberal left about universal healthcare and not letting people die in the streets with no healthcare access. What a joke. Funny how that is precisely the complaint for those Brits and Canadians who can't afford the private health systems a and why Canadians stream over the border for medical help.

Next up paying for college...another thing that govt. interference has screwed up and caused tuition to skyrocket.

Just trust him. He'll get good people and good deals.

We tried blind faith 8 years ago. Id like to know what I'm getting this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

I know people in the Cruz camp that are thinking it will be a log jam and could be any of the three.

Oh and the mailer...it was the actual mailer, YES, the same exact one that Sen. Grassly, Gov. Terry Brandstad, and other congressional candidates used during the last election. They also touted its effectiveness. It's funny to see them bashing Cruz for using it. That is politics though though and through.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

My dream would be Cruz getting crushed by Rubio tonight and going third, and then Rubio rising as the conservative savior alternative to Trump.
A one point win by Rubio would be crushing though given how invested Cruz is in Iowa compared to Rubio. I've always thought Rubio would be by far the perfect candidate for the general. I still think so and believe he would make a great commander in chief.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

House built upon sand. Trump's Iowa outreach was basically 6 speeches, 1 movie theater rental, and a last day speech on the Tarmac where he basically said, "If I lose Iowa, Iowans suck."

He's now pooping off like the liberal left about universal healthcare and not letting people die in the streets with no healthcare access. What a joke. Funny how that is precisely the complaint for those Brits and Canadians who can't afford the private health systems a and why Canadians stream over the border for medical help.

Next up paying for college...another thing that govt. interference has screwed up and caused tuition to skyrocket.

Just trust him. He'll get good people and good deals.

We tried blind faith 8 years ago. Id like to know what I'm getting this time.

But you know what you are getting... It's Hillary...

Trump was a preventable problem that either the GOP was too dumb, too weak, or too lazy to deal with. And maybe all three. Candidates like trump and sanders come around practically every election but when the real candidates and the prominent party members put their foot down it usually ends as quick as it starts. The democrats have a valid excuse for having Bernie still in. It is mostly because Hilliary's baggage is coming out. The republicans on the other hand, have done nothing substantial to stop trump and its left to the voters to decide.

To be honest, it should be Rubio vs Hilliary in the general, but Rubio needs to be ahead of Cruz before Super Tuesday most likely.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Do you want to watch something really really cool on TV tonight?

Well it won't be the Iowa caucus coverage. The X-Flies (episode 3) is on at 8 Eastern on Fox!

Regarding the caucus......I predict a win by Trump......and maybe "I'd have a beer with you" Bernie on the other side!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

Do you want to watch something really really cool on TV tonight?

Well it won't be the Iowa caucus coverage. The X-Flies (episode 3) is on at 8 Eastern on Fox!

Regarding the caucus......I predict a win by Trump......and maybe "I'd have a beer with you" Bernie on the other side!
What are the X -Flies?

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

A Sci-Fi TV show that was very popular and ran for 9 seasons back in the 90's.

They just brought it back for a 6 episode 10th season with all the original characters!

More here.
X-Files. I know man I was just busting your chops about the "Flies". It is a great show though. Maybe Trump could co-star as a Dem. Alien in a Republican Candidate body.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

Just watched Marco deliver. Then Trump came out for about 90 seconds. "I'll buy a farm here. Off to New Hampshire." Just watch the two and see which has a vision for America and understands what America is. The contrast is so profound. If he sneaks through it will be b/c Cruz/Rubio splitting the vote. I think Marco is poised for a takeoff. We shall see but they'll drop like flies after NH.

RollSaban

Oct 15, 2015

I have a theory that Trump is just doing this for the attention. He's getting older and wants the attention. I really don't think in his heart of hearts he wants to be President.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah. I like Ben but he's broke. I think he has a great story to tell and could really help the country as Surgeon General or HHS Secretary. Good guy though.
Maybe JEB should drop out and bequeath what he has remaining to Ben so that money could be utilized more effectively! After all, JEB is ashamed of his surname, apparently. Ben would be much better in the open than JEB in the bushes.

Do I need to say it again! We don't need another Bush or Clinton!.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Here's an example of what may await Trump:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/02/24/donald_trump_the_anti-patriot_129762.html

By his own admission, the closest he came to combat was his sexual adventurism in the 1980s, when HIV/AIDS was claiming the lives of better men than him. It was his “personal Vietnam,” he told shock jock Howard Stern in 1997. “I felt like a great and very brave soldier.”

While Americans with little wealth and few family connections were dodging bullets, mortars and booby traps in the jungles and rice paddies of Vietnam, our Sergeant York of well-appointed bedrooms was bravely jumping in harm’s way, armed only with the aphrodisiac of his daddy’s money.

From his brush with mortality in service to his libido he acquired the self-regard to find John McCain’s heroism wanting, and by implication the heroism of all POWs. What’s to admire about being shot down, imprisoned in solitary confinement and tortured? Losers.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008

Cruz made a point similar to this last night in TX. The media are slow-walking Trump bashing. Sure they are pointing out the current news cycle but the Trump supporters and the potential Republicans who will be asked to support him are going to be bombarded with quotes and actions from Ttump that the media are sitting on. There's a mountain of stuff they will hit him with. Just think, they destroyed the character of Mitt Romney. Think about that and the ammo they will have on Trump.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.