2016 Election - Trump: How Did Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Re: Can Trump Really Win the Presidency?

Trump is now adopting JEB's immigration policy.:eek:
Of course that was yesterday, who knows what it will be today.:rolleyes:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Here is a portion of one of Trump's speeches:

Now this individual is proposed to receive the nuclear trigger...
And the other "option" is someone who clearly has a price on policy. I'm honestly not sure which is worse other than HRC has actually made the call that affected American lives before. I can say that I am appreciating the words in the Declaration of Independence more than ever before...

" But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

if it's performance art, i'd have to say it's pretty good. it's been in andy kaufmann territory for a while ;)
I've thought it's a little similar to Joaquin Phoenix's fake retirement. You had a feeling that he was playing everybody for suckers, but it was possible that the dude was really bat-crap crazy.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

if it's performance art, i'd have to say it's pretty good. it's been in andy kaufmann territory for a while ;)
Forgive me. I've seen his name often but never any of his material. I've even heard Trump compared to him before. I need to look him up.

I've thought it's a little similar to Joaquin Phoenix's fake retirement. You had a feeling that he was playing everybody for suckers, but it was possible that the dude was really bat-crap crazy.
Yes, definitely similar. Trump just needs a ragged beard and sunglasses.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Forgive me. I've seen his name often but never any of his material. I've even heard Trump compared to him before. I need to look him up.

Yes, definitely similar. Trump just needs a ragged beard and sunglasses.
he was hilarious. there is a ton of his stuff on youtube. his wrestling "rivalry" with jerry lawler was awesome

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

he was hilarious. there is a ton of his stuff on youtube. his wrestling "rivalry" with jerry lawler was awesome
Some of his stuff was funny because it was so off the wall and he seemed to be to be relatively unprepared and so uncomfortable doing it. Case in point...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Media distortion of the day. Will use example. Let's say one of us had to mow the yard in the next two weeks and I blurted to you, "I'm not mowing the yard! And you look at me, bite your tongue to save for another day, and we then go on discussing other things. If asked, you could honestly say we did not have a discussion on who was going to wow the yard, no matter what I said.

Trump said they did not when asked by press, then Mexican President tweets 'I told him we are not paying for wall'

I saw this spin coming hours ago and mentioned to friends that it would arrive heavily thin and distored.

CNN

Mexican president disputes Trump over border wall payment discussion

CNN

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

And who will pay for the wall was never brought up:conf3:
Media distortion of the day. Will use example. Let's say one of us had to mow the yard in the next two weeks and I blurted to you, "I'm not mowing the yard! And you look at me, bite your tongue to save for another day, and we then go on discussing other things. If asked, you could honestly say we did not have a discussion on who was going to wow the yard, no matter what I said.

Trump said they did not when asked by press, then Mexican President tweets 'I told him we are not paying for wall'

I saw this spin coming hours ago and mentioned to friends that it would arrive heavily thin and distored.

CNN

Mexican president disputes Trump over border wall payment discussion

CNN

None of that matters except to those who have an agenda other than considering who will be the best candidate for our next president.

It was a successful meeting and one that many pundits are still scratching their heads about. It's not too surprising though given how poorly the media does in covering important issues.

Trump's been dealing with international leaders for half his life. For him, this is like a business meeting. It was an important step forward for the candidate.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

None of that matters except to those who have an agenda other than considering who will be the best candidate for our next president.

It was a successful meeting and one that many pundits are still scratching their heads about. It's not too surprising though given how poorly the media does in covering important issues.

Trump's been dealing with international leaders for half his life. For him, this is like a business meeting. It was an important step forward for the candidate.
Good commentary, although you are preaching to the choir :). I brought this up because media manipulation is still not common knowledge. What percentage of people know for example that Google (Been proved) manipulated their keyword associations in the Google News algorithm, and tweaked Auto Suggest to bring forth articles biased towards one of two candidates. And it was easily verified by doing cross searches vs Yahoo and Bing, it was blatant. What is shoved in front of your face and what is beat into your ears does have an effect, it is part of being a human. I take these things seriously and have been for several years. Good News is there has been an awakening the past 3 years and I hope many use as many sources as they can, which is why the Google incident bothered me, that is like rigging the library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.