Link: Well, Clemson players still at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
I agree whole hearted, It will take care of itself when time is in order. I'm ready for some Bama Football.

Honestly, should just wait until Saban heads to the house to worry about the hire. We should be open to whoever is clearly the next big time head coach and not get locked in on a certain candidate.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Saban may send Dabo to an early retirement Monday night.
Honestly, like Mich State (twice), I want Clemson to come out of this game questioning their entire philosophy on the sport of football and whether they actually beat a single team this year or if was all just a fleeting dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
These people are insufferable. I'm not claiming a premonition or anything, but our guys will not go easy on the Clempson QB. He's going to get a taste of SEC football tomorrow night. We may very well hear for the next decade or so "If Deshaun hadn't got hurt...." Of course, I would never wish an injury for any player, so I hope he eats his Wheaties.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
Honestly, like Mich State (twice), I want Clemson to come out of this game questioning their entire philosophy on the sport of football and whether they actually beat a single team this year or if was all just a fleeting dream.
If the comparisons between clemson and the barn are apt, and from what I see they are, then they will blame any and every thing BUT themselves.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
If the comparisons between clemson and the barn are apt, and from what I see they are, then they will blame any and every thing BUT themselves.
Yep - I imagine Bama hauled a couple of truckloads of cash to pay the officials off. Prolly why we needed such a big plane.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
These people are insufferable. I'm not claiming a premonition or anything, but our guys will not go easy on the Clempson QB. He's going to get a taste of SEC football tomorrow night. We may very well hear for the next decade or so "If Deshaun hadn't got hurt...." Of course, I would never wish an injury for any player, so I hope he eats his Wheaties.
Will Clemson suddenly replace Notre Dame as the weakest team Alabama has played in the NC?

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Will Clemson suddenly replace Notre Dame as the weakest team Alabama has played in the NC?

Well, Notre Dame was the darling of the media. They were salivating over the prospect of a ND win. The whole Manti Teo debacle was symbolic of what that season was all about for them.

Vertical

All-American
May 15, 2000
New Hampshire
When I read this stuff, I can hear this being preached at them in their locker room - "Alabama is just a BRAND, they're here because of what they've done in the past! You guys play against better people in practice!" It's done because the coaches are trying to get the players to believe it. The coaches know what they're up against, and know the players do, too. If the players already believed this stuff, they wouldn't be mouthing off about it to everyone who would listen.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
When I read this stuff, I can hear this being preached at them in their locker room - "Alabama is just a BRAND, they're here because of what they've done in the past!
That's true. We are here because of what we did in the past 14 games. Clemson is here because of what they did in the past 14 games. We will win because of what we have done in the past 9 years. We have the experience to know what it takes to win the big one. The past 14 games don't matter. It's all about how you prepare for this game and knowing how to conduct yourself. That's where the quality and consistency of the "brand" comes into play.

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
Look, God does not care about who wins a football game ! What he does is care about how, fans act before , during & after. I hope & pray no player form either team gets hurt, everyone has a safe trip, And we win the game !!!! Wait didn't i say GOD does not care who wins a football game ! :)

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
When I read this stuff, I can hear this being preached at them in their locker room - "Alabama is just a BRAND, they're here because of what they've done in the past! You guys play against better people in practice!" It's done because the coaches are trying to get the players to believe it. The coaches know what they're up against, and know the players do, too. If the players already believed this stuff, they wouldn't be mouthing off about it to everyone who would listen.
He's exactly right. Alabama is JUST A BRAND! Established over near a century. There's a reason for THE BRAND. It's JUST A BRAND of excellence and accomplishment. Alabama's BRAND is going to put the newcomer product in the SALE BOX at the local "TUESDAY MORNING" store. The usual markets won't even bother keeping it on the bottom shelf.

JEEZ!!! I'll be sooooooooo glad when we finally put this "Johnny come lately" team in it's place. Honestly, I'm really disappointed in Dabo.

ROLL TIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a brand? Is that suppose to mean something bad. It's a brand for a reason, not just because someone says it is.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's exactly right. Alabama is JUST A BRAND! Established over near a century. There's a reason for THE BRAND. It's JUST A BRAND of excellence and accomplishment. Alabama's BRAND is going to put the newcomer product in the SALE BOX at the local "TUESDAY MORNING" store. The usual markets won't even bother keeping it on the bottom shelf.

JEEZ!!! I'll be sooooooooo glad when we finally put this "Johnny come lately" team in it's place. Honestly, I'm really disappointed in Dabo.

ROLL TIDE!
It's a "brand" they haven't beaten in 110 years. That record of theirs takes on a different look, when their opponents records in the bowl games are considered...

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC

Oh I've already heard it starting. A "friend" has been saying for years we're cheating and brought it up again this week. Today he said he "read" this week our D will be going for DeShaun's knee. I just told him I was really glad he and so many Clemson fans were making the trip to see Alabama win its 16th title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.