Link: Well, Clemson players still at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Climpson hasn't experienced a defense even close to ours, period. IMO, Dobbs and Tennessee have a better offense (or as good as) Climpson. LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, and Miss State all have defenses better than or equal to Cimpson. Climpson needed miracles to beat an average Notre Dame team, an average UNC team and a pathetic South Carolina team. Hell, they almost lost to Louisville.....didn't the barn beat them? I hear the Climpson fans today and harken back to the week of the 1993 Sugar Bowl and those obnoxious Miami fans and how they and their players ran their mouths all week.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I don't buy this. Either you're playing or you're not. Nothing has been said about this up until a few hours before kickoff. Sounds like someone is trying to lay out some reasons for a loss. If he practiced all weak with the 1st team defense and wasn't limited at all this week then why is this coming out now?

http://theclemsoninsider.com/2016/01/11/alexander-playing-status-up-in-the-air/
Either way, I wouldn't be much good after the near-horizontal cuts I'd have to make to keep up with Ridley after just a few plays. Get this kid going east and west suddenly and violently and he's whipped by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

I really hope he is ok though. I'd rather both sides went in 100% healthy, that way win or lost both can't play the "what if" game.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Marty Smith (ESPN reporter) just tweeted this: Just got a text message from Mackensie Alexander. Confirms hamstring issue. Team will evaluate him during warm-ups to determine effectiveness.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Marty Smith (ESPN reporter) just tweeted this: Just got a text message from Mackensie Alexander. Confirms hamstring issue. Team will evaluate him during warm-ups to determine effectiveness.
A hamstring issue and covering Ridley and Stewart do not go together. I don't think we see him tonight.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It was amusing to see their reaction to the AL.com article on their players' trash talk. To a man, they deny trash talk, which is sad. It means they can't even tell when they're being insulting. On one board, about a third of their thread titles are trash. Obviously they don't know how crappy it sounds when one of their OL says that we haven't "been tested yet." Believe it or not - this coming from someone playing in the ACC. They continually compare Bama to Boston College, the real #1 defense in their eyes. Here is a typical thread heading on the worst board - "HEY....all you PECKERBAMA FANS!!!" Then he goes on to explain what's going to happen to us. Seems to me that the fans and the players are basically of one mind...
Let me offer a Hebrew phrase that describes what our attitude should be toward Clemson: 'LO-RUHAMAH'
My poor translation is 'Show No Mercy'.
Biblical scholars please correct me. I'm not as versed as I should be, cause like the song
'I've got friends in low places...'

Last edited:

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Breaking: Clemson team physician has determined that over the course of the past week, the continuous, almost not stop flapping of the gums has presented as a serious issue for DB McKensie Alexander.

"In the course of the history of medicine, this presents as a unique case. It is really quite extraordinary" said team physician Dr. Lotsa Tolose. "It seems the costant flapping of his jaws placed a significant strain on his TMJ. The body, it an attempt to protect itself, shifted some of the stress to his hamstring and gluteal area. Literally, it seems he has allowed his mouth to overload his butt...."

Coach Dabo Sweeney could not be reached for comment.

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Yep, a "W" is a "W". I don't care about the whys or the hows. I just want Alabama to win tonight and get #16 into our trophy case.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Breaking: Clemson team physician has determined that over the course of the past week, the continuous, almost not stop flapping of the gums has presented as a serious issue for DB McKensie Alexander.

"In the course of the history of medicine, this presents as a unique case. It is really quite extraordinary" said team physician Dr. Lotsa Tolose. "It seems the costant flapping of his jaws placed a significant strain on his TMJ. The body, it an attempt to protect itself, shifted some of the stress to his hamstring and gluteal area. Literally, it seems he has allowed his mouth to overload his butt...."

Coach Dabo Sweeney could not be reached for comment.
Unconfirmed reports state that Dabo Swinney was in the locker room just before game time, bent over telling Mackensie's hamstring, "You are the best hamstring in college football, I want you and no one else."

Pugsley

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2012
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Let me offer a Hebrew phrase that describes what our attitude should be toward Clemson: 'LO-RUHAMAH'
My poor translation is 'Show No Mercy'.
Biblical scholars please correct me. I'm not as versed as I should be, cause like the song
'I've got friends in low places...'
I have a friend who teaches Hebrew in Israel. I texted him and he said it is more like "without compassion"

That still works tho....

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well guys let's remember Clemson is in a position they haven't been in 35 years. An entire generation of fans that are new to this. Just imagine how Georgia would feel if they were playing for a NC right now. 1980 or 1981 not much off a difference. They are in for a very rude awakening. RTR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.