Game Thread: AJ starting a Playoff Game - Bengals v Steelers

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's tough to say, because 1 minute in the NFL without time outs isn't an eternity at all.
But how many times have you seen Ben, Brady, and brees do it. Yeah odds aren't great but playing not to lose by kneeling it 3 straight times isn't something you do. A first down wins the game so that play calling isn't to blame at that particular time. It was a good defensive play.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I thought the refs did a poor job keeping control from the beginning. Some flags should have been thrown on both teams that were not. They failed to separate the teams and let the anger escalate at times. Of course The Bengals were the worst offenders in the end and they paid for it by losing. The players who could not control themselves will pay again.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What did he say?
In summary:

- He's proud of how they fought back through the terrible conditions

- Doesn't blame Hill, they did a great job of locking up his left arm which kept him from getting good security on the ball.

- He's not going to throw shade at anyone, we all made mistakes and we'll win or lose as a team together...get stronger.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought he played a gutsy game given the conditions being terrible for good passing. He probably earned himself some money with how he handled adversity and the media tonight. Would love for him to get out of that toxic situation but who knows maybe a new sheriff in town would clean up all this riff raff.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The Cincinnati fans were about as bad as their players. They cheered when Roethlisberger was carted off. Someone even threw a water bottle that hit the cart he was riding on. Debris was thrown onto the field other times, as well. They generally seemed classless.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Wow! Bucky Brooks on NFL.com, on the Bengals' weaknesses...

Biggest weaknesses: The Bengals lack a glaring weakness from a personnel standpoint, but their emotional control and discipline could prevent them from moving on in the tournament. The defense, in particular, is loaded with temperamental playmakers (like Vontaze Burfict and Adam Jones) with high-revving emotions. While the unit plays on a string on each level, the occasional lack of discipline and emotional control has resulted in Cincinnati ranking near the top of the NFL in penalties. Given the significant impact of penalties, particularly personal fouls, the Bengals must keep their cool or run the risk of short-circuiting their playoff run via a lack of composure.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
The Cincinnati fans were about as bad as their players. They cheered when Roethlisberger was carted off. Someone even threw a water bottle that hit the cart he was riding on. Debris was thrown onto the field other times, as well. They generally seemed classless.
Their fans take the lead from their coach. He promotes and has no issue with thug behavior. If he had any class at all he would bench and/or cut 55 & 24. He won't b/c he is a thug himself.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The Bengals are like the Mark Richt Georgia Bulldogs. They usually don't have very many glaring weaknesses...really talented everywhere most years. They rack up too many penalties on a yearly basis and it has cost some of their best teams.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Pacman Jones posted something on Instragram that I can't even link on here about 5 minutes ago. He's saying the refs screwed them because they allowed a Pitt coach to stand on the field and talk trash to them and threw a flag only after one Bengal spoke up to him.

Yeah, sure buddy. Pacman will be cut before the draft starts if I had to imagine. Burifict will probably not be cut because he's incredibly gifted and young...they'll hold out hope he can be fixed emotionally. Marvin Lewis is falling on this sword even though I don't think full grown men in the NFL should need a pops to tell them how to behave.
He's right, Joey Porter was the coach. Doesn't excuse Jones, he's not my type of person, but if you have the chance watch it, Porter initiates everything and he's in the middle of the field not doing anything but riling up Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4thGenBamaGrad

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Boca Raton, FL
OMG. Somehow, AJ just got blamed for Hill's fumble--Ron Jawrowski suggested a "veteran" Andy Dalton would have better reinforced on the huddle that holding onto the ball was more important than extra yardage.

Jaws, how is that Colin Kaepernick prediction working out?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OMG. Somehow, AJ just got blamed for Hill's fumble--Ron Jawrowski suggested a "veteran" Andy Dalton would have better reinforced on the huddle that holding onto the ball was more important than extra yardage.

That is just flat unbelievable. So the QB is now responsible for the RB's ball security? That RB has lost four fumbles this year an a bunch playing for LSU - but it's AJ's fault? I bet Jaworski doesn't even know Hill's background...

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
That was an embarrassing game of football. The Cincinnati fans, players and coaches behavior was absolutely disgusting…that was a disgrace.

The refs were probably the most disturbing as they absolutely lost any control whatsoever of the game. Looked like WWE...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

don't watch espn unless it is the game itself.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He's right, Joey Porter was the coach. Doesn't excuse Jones, he's not my type of person, but if you have the chance watch it, Porter initiates everything and he's in the middle of the field not doing anything but riling up Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter, one player touched a ref and the other touched porter. So while Joey might've been in the wrong, the bengals crossed the line further by hitting an official and a coach.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The Bengals just gave that game away. It's rare to see 30 yards of penalties on a single play, especially when the game is on the line. The Bengals looked like they never believed they were going to win the game, and they ended up self-destructing in the end. What a travesty.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.