Link: Lane Kiffin: Master Copycat

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Well Carolina had a lot of success with the read option against Clemson. I could see Coker running this and keeping it a few times to open things up for Henry like we did against Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^^This^^^^

We ran read option a couple of times against Florida for big gains. We could have done the same against Michigan State as they were flying to Henry. Fortunately we did not need to use it.

If we run this a couple of times with Coker pulling it from Henry and keeping, I think we can gash them. And, conversely, it would make them loosen up some on keying on Derrick.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
After watching the comparison plays, man Coker has a strong arm. The one 55 yarder was not a bomb. Coker does not have to put a lot of air under it to extend the field, he can throw a rope 40 yards down field and a semi bomb from 55. His arm strength is similar to Croyle's and stronger than AJ's. If he continues to be accurate, because he threw two 55 yard passes that were right on the money........look out.

I like throwing a few short passes to get him warmed up and then unleashing his Godzilla NFL arm strength. If they want to stack the box, good for them, because Ridley will beat you, and Coker can get the ball very deep with NFL caliber effort. He and Henry could be a double edged sword. 55 yards in 3 1/2 seconds.

comparison
Yeah, Coker has an NFL arm, he barely stepped into that one.

BTW, did everyone else notice CLK signal TD while Coker was dropping back. He is on the far sideline at about the MSU 44.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have a feeling we're going to come out & allow Derrick Henry to shove the ball down Clemson's throat..We will allow our running game to chew up the clock & keep Watson on the sideline watching our O-Line win the ball game in the trenches..Basically..We will do what has made Bama Football the most dominant Football Program in the history of the game, by winning in the trenches, with our running game & with college footballs most dominant D-Line..

If it ain't broke don't fix it..The only shot Clemson has is to get into a offensive shootout..They can't do that as their offense is watching our running game kill their will standing on the sideline..
Agree.I think we play them like ndsu did jsu. We will keep it away from them and force them to value each possession. The key will be us scoring though.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Yeah, Coker has an NFL arm, he barely stepped into that one.

BTW, did everyone else notice CLK signal TD while Coker was dropping back. He is on the far sideline at about the MSU 44.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
I am far from an expert on precise mechanics, but it's pretty easy to conclude that Coker has the strongest arm of any starting Bama QB under CNS, and also stronger than Winston according to multiple coaches. He has shown me in the last few games that he has an upside that Bama will not see, but I am hoping at the next level. What he has shown is competitiveness, good instincts in the pocket, big and strong, and the ability to zing it 55 yards at 75% effort. He is the most likable QB under CNS imo. Try to stop Henry and you get him, mull, Rid. stew and OJ.

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
I so wish he was coming back for another year. Nothing against any other QBs but we are just having so much fun now with Coker.

Athens-LA-Tide

All-SEC
Feb 6, 2001
Ptown, OR
www.urbagedesigns.com
I took the Sark piece as coach Kiffin just trying to say a positive word for a former co-worker and current friend while he's down. I would think coach Kiffin knows a lil about being down by now and knows support is important to move on in life.

Looking forward to his offensive direction tonight! The biggest thing I like about coach Kiffin is the way he spreads the ball with seemingly lil trickery and I would expect the same tonight. I know we all expect a heavy dose of Henry, but Drake will be right there too. Roll Tide!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Good read. Chris Brown always has good stuff. I recommend both of his books. They have 2-3 great chapters on Saban's defenses, especially they way our second operates with Coach Saban's pattern-match philosophy. Interestingly, Coach Saban developed it to stop Neil O'Donnell and the Steelers when he was coaching for the Browns with Belicheck.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.