RIP Ziggy Stardust

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
:(

Just heard on the morning news......very sad.

A creative genius and one of my favourites - he left behind an amazing body of work - and will be truly missed.

My fav. Bowie album:

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Station To Station was one of my favorites. And I really liked 1993's "Black Tie White Noise." That one demonstrated the versatility of his career. For me personally the music on that CD reminds me of a particularly positive turn in my life.

Funny how you can always connect years old music to some past personal event.

RIP David Bowie.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
I've been dreading this for awhile now. You just knew it was coming soon. DB was probably the single biggest musical influence for me in adolescence and early adulthood. I was far to young to appreciate the loss of Hendrix. And still a little too young to appreciate the loss of Lennon. But I had to pull over on the side of the road and gather myself when I heard that SRV's plane had gone down. And now Bowie. BOWIE...

HUGE loss to the music world. To me right up there with Hendrix and Lennon. Some people are just anointed. One or two per generation. And he was. Music royalty. Incredible influence on so many genres. Incredible loss.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
I've been dreading this for awhile now. You just knew it was coming soon. DB was probably the single biggest musical influence for me in adolescence and early adulthood. I was far to young to appreciate the loss of Hendrix. And still a little too young to appreciate the loss of Lennon. But I had to pull over on the side of the road and gather myself when I heard that SRV's plane had gone down. And now Bowie. BOWIE...

HUGE loss to the music world. To me right up there with Hendrix and Lennon. Some people are just anointed. One or two per generation. And he was. Music royalty. Incredible influence on so many genres. Incredible loss.
Ironically, you mention SRV who played guitar on 1983's Let's Dance. The unmistakeable SRV sound lent itself to another great work. "Modern Love" - just another example of his creativity.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
One of my favorite DB stories is of Iggy Pop and his girlfriend visiting Bowie's home. Some hallucinogens were passed around, and before long, Iggy's girlfriend was trying to crawl into David';s television set.

And we have "TVC15" to chronicle the evening's festivities.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
To be honest it took me a long time to appreciate Bowie. When I was a young teenager the weird guy down the street was a big fan to the point of mimicking his dress and on stage personae. That guy (as proved later justifiably) scared me :)

He was a great talent who could span any genre.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
So sad to see him go. He was a major influence in pop music that can still be felt today. RIP

One of me favorite Bowie songs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.