Question: Question about offensive line

Harmless

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2015
Franklin, TN
How many of Alabama's offensive linemen on its roster are on scholarship? How many of the walk-ons are legitimate players? Thanks. Trying to understand the Tide's depth situation.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How many of Alabama's offensive linemen on its roster are on scholarship? How many of the walk-ons are legitimate players? Thanks. Trying to understand the Tide's depth situation.
I believe all of them now were offered and accepted schollies. There were rumors that Barrett Jones gave up his his last year or two years, to free up a scholly, since his family is well-off...

Harmless

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 3, 2015
Franklin, TN
Here's the roster:

Freshmen
Nolan Boatner
Lester Cotton
Brandon Kennedy
Richie Petitbon
Dallas Warmack
Matt Womack

Redshirt freshmen
Josh Casher
Ross Pierschbacher

Sophomores
Bradley Bozeman
J.C. Hassenauer
Cam Robinson

Juniors
Will Davis
Korren Kirven
Chris Posa
Alphonse Taylor

Seniors

Dominick Jackson
Ryan Kelly
Isaac Luatua
Brandon Moore

That's a total of 19 offensive linemen. Three of these players (Davis, Moore, Posa) are upperclassmen who have not lettered; suppose they are walk-ons. Boatner appears to be a walk-on, too. Any others?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
From my perspective Chemistry is more important than fresh bodies, the line has to really gel to be great, more of a unit mentality than the defensive line. It is good to be 2 deep and sub a player here and there, if possible, but when we see the 2nd string, that drop off has a lot to do with chemistry playing together as one.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here's the roster:

Freshmen
Nolan Boatner
Lester Cotton
Brandon Kennedy
Richie Petitbon
Dallas Warmack
Matt Womack

Redshirt freshmen
Josh Casher
Ross Pierschbacher

Sophomores
Bradley Bozeman
J.C. Hassenauer
Cam Robinson

Juniors
Will Davis
Korren Kirven
Chris Posa
Alphonse Taylor

Seniors

Dominick Jackson
Ryan Kelly
Isaac Luatua
Brandon Moore

That's a total of 19 offensive linemen. Three of these players (Davis, Moore, Posa) are upperclassmen who have not lettered; suppose they are walk-ons. Boatner appears to be a walk-on, too. Any others?
I seriously doubt that any of those listed are walkons. Perhaps one the guys ('91, option22) who follow recruiting more closely than I can speak to it, but I think that I remember all of them as being pursued and recruited vigorously. Which are scholarshipped doesn't have to be released by the AD and that's the policy CNS has adhered to...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here's the roster:

Freshmen
Nolan Boatner
Lester Cotton
Brandon Kennedy
Richie Petitbon
Dallas Warmack
Matt Womack

Redshirt freshmen
Josh Casher
Ross Pierschbacher

Sophomores
Bradley Bozeman
J.C. Hassenauer
Cam Robinson

Juniors
Will Davis
Korren Kirven
Chris Posa
Alphonse Taylor

Seniors

Dominick Jackson
Ryan Kelly
Isaac Luatua
Brandon Moore

Guys I don't recall being recruited are in bold.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Was trying to determine how many scholarships Alabama had devoted to offensive linemen. Not trying to diminish the roles of walk-ons.
Going back to the 2011 class since a few guys remain from that class -

2011: 3 OL signed with 1 guy on this team
2012: 5 OL signed with 3 guys (including TE Brandon Greene) on this team
2013: 2 OL signed with 1 guy on this team
2014: 5 OL signed with all 5 on this team
2015: 5 OL signed with all 5 on this team

The five guys not on this team: Aaron Douglas, Cyrus Kouandjio, Brandon Hill, Caleb Gulledge, and Leon Brown.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Of those five only one is still in football if I remember correctly. I don't think Hill and Brown play, I think Gulledge was encouraged to stop after he got his degree and Douglas was a haunted soul who is no longer with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.