Offcial PostGame Thread - Bama vs. Clemson...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah for real. They were a good team. But when the clock hit 00:00 they got outplayed and out coached and lost. Alabama is national champions. Not co-moral victory national champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah, for all of the talk about clemson. props to our guys. we were down a few times and kept coming back and fighting. we were relentless.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
When the game first started I thought Clemson was going to talk trash like they did verses OK. But apparently Bama's refusal to get into it with them changed they way they were acting.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
The clemson backup FG kicker that failed drug test (Lakip) actually handles kickoffs for clemson and puts more of his kickoffs in the endzone than the starting FG kicker who had to handle kickoffs tonight in place of Lakip. Having returnable kickoffs was obviously huge for Bama, so a dumb decision by that kid may have aided Bama.

Mr. Doubtfire

Suspended
Jan 9, 2016
This. Can we save all of the hugs and kisses for Clemson and Watson until tomorrow and just enjoy the win tonight. Btw, new poster here -- long time lurker -- Hi! :)

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Btw. Whoever the girl is who interviewed Coker. I believe I would tell her anything she wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmv85

All-SEC
Several times during the game I was worried, especially the first half, but when Kenyan scored, I felt like we'd definitely be okay, and we were! I'm finally starting to wind down, but I know the alarm at 4:50 will be killer. I'm glad my seniors will be doing some preliminary research because that means I can monitor and guide instead of having to actually teach. ROLL TIDE, y'all! What a fun year it has been!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
This is a special team, and we just kept finding a way to come back time after time after time. We didn't have our A game, (for some reason this year we never could really put two A games back to back), but we found a way. I do think Clemson, and Deshaun Watson, played just about as well as they could play. I'm just glad it turned out like it did. ROLL TIDE Krymsonman

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Last late night word on the kick. The rule as amended a few years ago states that the kicking team can't interfere with the receiving team's opportunity to catch the ball. This rule was instituted because Auburn had developed a play where the kicking team massed their team to their right and, when the receiving team attempted to receive, they were all blocked out of the way. This was called against Clemson against UNC (I think) in their 2014 season. Clemson apparently blocked, screened, or in some other way interfered with the receiving team. The umpire explained the penalty as not giving the receiving team the opportunity to catch the ball. Tonight, there was no receiver anywhere near Humph. Dabo just misunderstood the rule. There are numerous posts on the Clemson boards, most of which insist the ball has to bounce, which is nowhere in the rule...

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Bama won as one! So many good plays and so much effort, too many to point to just one or a few. Very proud and grateful to the team and coaches for all their effort and determination. Roll Tide!
It was pure torture but a national championship and it was worth it.
Totally exhausted but happy!

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
according to espn...ALABAMA is the 2nd program to win 4 national titles in a 7 season span (notre dame 1943-49)...its funny how they count notre dame's championships in the 40's but refuse to give BAMA credit for championships won prior to the 60's. can you say double standards??? screw you espn and Roll Tide!!!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.