Respect for Deshaun Watson

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Deshaun Watson is just plain good. Good arm, plus he never seems to get rattled. I thought we could contain him better, but he still found ways out. I don't know how Clemson will be next year, but I would expect to see him back at the Heisman show. Krymsonman

Mr. Doubtfire

Suspended
Jan 9, 2016
I feel like the score should read Bama 45 Watson 40. The guy was amazing.
Tonight; with a little help from out D. If the game had been played last week it might have been another story. A bunch of other teams this year held Clemson to under 40, and we are better than those teams. Why do we need to celebrate Clemson and Watson tonight? Let's just enjoy the win! :)

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I haven't watched him play before. I'm assuming that he played above his average today but maybe not so much.
He's been the best player on the field since he was a 9th-grader starting for one of Georgia's really good high school programs. We had one player on the field who could run with him, and he is a third-stringer.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Because we can do both and it's the classy thing to do.

QUOTE=Mr. Doubtfire;2772075]Tonight; with a little help from out D. If the game had been played last week it might have been another story. A bunch of other teams this year held Clemson to under 40, and we are better than those teams. Why do we need to celebrate Clemson and Watson tonight? Let's just enjoy the win! :)[/QUOTE]

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Watson really impressed me.

However, dude just said they should have won the game, special teams lost it for them, no props to Bama. Has he been talking to Georgia, too? :rolleyes:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He played great, let's be honest though, a few holding calls that didn't get called and his stat line is drastically different. No way on God's green Earth can you change directions like that and three linemen continue to legally block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Watson really impressed me.

However, dude just said they should have won the game, special teams lost it for them, no props to Bama. Has he been talking to Georgia, too? :rolleyes:
Tebow retains his crown as the only one to actually give us credit for beating him. The funny thing was he mentioned dropped passes and missed open receivers, but it was the special teams and big pass plays that really won the game for us.

The excuses don't bother me because it seems like it keeps a team from moving on and getting better...see Texas.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
You can credit Watson all you want for his running ability and extending plays, that's all well and good. But the fact is he's just a good passer, period.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.