Question: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL? Just Henry and A'Shawn So Far

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Re: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL?

and he still needs to sharpen his pass catching skills. listening to a radio show when in my car today and the guys was saying that oj is a freak of a specimen, but tends to bobble the ball when he catches it.
I heard that on one of the CFB shows...I think Charles Arbuckle said it. Makes sense...he needs to work on catching balls clean the first time...

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

If you aren't projected to go within the first three rounds...come back...unless you play RB.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

The problem is, it's not 100% certain that he will get the body of work if he stays another year. He's barely been utilized the last two years.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

I heard that on one of the CFB shows...I think Charles Arbuckle said it. Makes sense...he needs to work on catching balls clean the first time...
This is why Saban will tell him to come back. If OJ works on his hands and route running he will be a first round pick in 2017. He had way to many drops the past couple of years.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013

I personally think Allen comes back for his senior year. He is in the same situation Reed was in last year. If he comes back and continues to improve he will be a top 10 pick. OJ Howard would be smart to do the same thing. I think everyone else has an easy decision. Robinson/Henry are as good as gone. Eddie Jackson won't get a first round grade and could really use another full year playing Safety. Tim Williams said was staying then learned of his second round grade and wants to think about it now. Pretty sure after a conversation with Saban he will stay too. I mean one more year of college ball and he will make 10 million more dollars for his first contract.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al

Which of the juniors need the income?

Also in hindsight should Trent R. have stayed another year?

Also could you imagine Derrick Henry coming back for his final year? He would put up numbers that may never be broken.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA

I would grade everyone of them 6th round or higher...possibly even undrafted. They should all return for their senior season.
Could you imagine how awesome we would be if everyone came back for their senior year? It just wouldn't be fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

Henry, Allen and Ashawn seem pretty obvious, so I predict they leave. If Williams is now thinking about it, he probably jumps as well. I think Howard is swayed by comments from McShay and company and leaves. I think Foster and Eddie stay. Eddie needs another year at safety, I doubt his grade is 2nd round at this point.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Our receiving corps should be sick next year. Even more sick if he stays. I'm sure he will question just how many looks he will get though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

They were graded before the championship game, so Howard will rightly assume that he will go higher than his grade. That means that he is probably gone. Foster needs to stay. Allen and Jackson are the only two who are really border line, because they both had great seasons. Another season could help, but extra games come with risk of injury or regression.

bamadws56

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2005
Fort Benning, GA

No way on the number 1 tight end. The guy from Arkansas (Hunter Henry?) is the first one off the board. He didn't drop a pass all year!

(this reply was in response to the earlier post about OJ being the number one or two tight end, I screwed up the quoting...lol)

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

and he still needs to sharpen his pass catching skills. listening to a radio show when in my car today and the guys was saying that oj is a freak of a specimen, but tends to bobble the ball when he catches it.
And while his routes have improved, they're still a bit sloppy. Tougher for a big guy to run crisp routes but that's what makes a first-rounder.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

They were graded before the championship game, so Howard will rightly assume that he will go higher than his grade. That means that he is probably gone.
Possibly, but we don't know what he was graded. If he was projected as third round, it would be a gutsy (possibly foolish) move to expect to jump to the (crowded) first round. First round money is where it's at.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

No way on the number 1 tight end. The guy from Arkansas (Hunter Henry?) is the first one off the board. He didn't drop a pass all year!
Yah, HHenry will be the first taken, and I've seen him projected 1-2 round. OJ could earn a significant amount of money if he comes back and is utilized.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Possibly, but we don't know what he was graded. If he was projected as third round, it would be a gutsy (possibly foolish) move to expect to jump to the (crowded) first round. First round money is where it's at.
Agreed

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tim's coming back IMO and Evans is a true sophomore, so he's definitely back. Allen is gone though.
I know Evans is a sophomore, and until I hear Allen is gone, I'm going to continue to imagine the 2016 DL being Williams, Hand, Allen, and Evans.

Which of the juniors need the income?

Also in hindsight should Trent R. have stayed another year?

Also could you imagine Derrick Henry coming back for his final year? He would put up numbers that may never be broken.
Trent shouldn't have stayed, and Derrick shouldn't, either. Some analysts already worry about his number of carries from high school and college as possible too much wear on his body. Another year in college would only hurt him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.