Question: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL? Just Henry and A'Shawn So Far

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Re: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL?

Wouldn't be surprised if R. Anderson got a high draft grade. He played lights out the 2nd half of the year. Would love him back next year.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Gone- Allen, Robinson, DH
Depends on Grade- OJ, Williams (Personally I think OJ might go because of the lack of utilization. He could stay but he's had so few touches I'm not sure it would help him)
Prob. Stay- Foster, Ryan Anderson, Eddie Jackson (due to the position change he should stay)

The great thing is that there is MEGA talent to fill their spots

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Eddie Jackson strikes me as a Bama lifer. I bet he stays.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Am I the only one who thinks Henry's draft grade will be low? Not a knock, nor a hope that he comes back, but I think he will have his height and slow starts held against him.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

Am I the only one who thinks Henry's draft grade will be low? Not a knock, nor a hope that he comes back, but I think he will have his height and slow starts held against him.
Henry can't do anything to improve his stock next season. It can only drop if he comes back, not go up. I honestly think Henry will be drafted somewhere in the late 1st or 2nd round. Mainly due to the fact that our RB's haven't translated extremely well to the NFL. It took Ingram a couple of years to get rolling as a solid NFL RB. Lacy seems to be in a slump of some sort right now. We all know the Trent Richardson story. Yeldon seems to be average-below average at Jacksonville.

Plus, next year Leonard Fournette, Christian McCaffrey and Nick Chubb come out. Next year will be an even more RB heavy draft.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

I wouldn't be. NFL scouts tend to be narrow-minded about what physical parameters they are looking for in a player.

I also wonder whether the NFL will assume that he is not a 3-down player. For whatever reason, Henry was rarely targeted for passes. He had 17 receptions in his whole career at Alabama. In comparison, Yeldon had 46.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Let's clear this up. Henry will be gone before 2nd round... HE could go from 1st round to mid 2nd round.
Henry can catch the ball out of the field, but this season we asked him to do a lot.... He is /can be a 3 down players.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014

I wouldn't be. NFL scouts tend to be narrow-minded about what physical parameters they are looking for in a player.

I also wonder whether the NFL will assume that he is not a 3-down player. For whatever reason, Henry was rarely targeted for passes. He had 17 receptions in his whole career at Alabama. In comparison, Yeldon had 46.
Henry is the best pass blocking RB I have seen at Alabama. NFL scouts value pass blocking. If you're a RB who can pass block extremely well, you'll always have an NFL job. Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, remember him? Played for Ole Miss. In the NFL, he was a below average runner. His stats were less than impressive, however, he was a punishing pass blocker and he never fumbled. He seems to always be on an NFL team.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

This first round mock draft was just put out 2 hours ago. Alabama players:

Jarran Reed 12th pick to the Saints
A'Shawn Robinson 14th pick to the Raiders
Jonathan Allen 17th pick to the Falcons
Reggie Ragland 20th pick to the Jets
Derrick Henry 27th pick to the Panthers

As much as I don't like Cam I think the Panthers would be just about the best situation that Henry could go to. A true power running team that is dedicated to running the ball downhill.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/13/2016-nfl-mock-draft/

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

That mock draft really puts the talent on our d line into perspective. Also a 6'5 running back lining up behind cam newton is a scary thought.

I think Allen Robinson and Henry can and probably should go pro. Everyone else stays home.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This first round mock draft was just put out 2 hours ago. Alabama players:

Jarran Reed 12th pick to the Saints
A'Shawn Robinson 14th pick to the Raiders
Jonathan Allen 17th pick to the Falcons
Reggie Ragland 20th pick to the Jets
Derrick Henry 27th pick to the Panthers

As much as I don't like Cam I think the Panthers would be just about the best situation that Henry could go to. A true power running team that is dedicated to running the ball downhill.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/13/2016-nfl-mock-draft/
They went with a the obvious pick for the Saints, but I would expect they draft an offensive skill guy. Probably another WR.

Robinson on the DL with Khalil Mack would scare every AFC West team. Would be crazy good.

Allen on one side of the DL and Vic Beasley on the other would be like Allen and Williams this year.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007

I think Allen Robinson and Henry can and probably should go pro. Everyone else stays home.
Man, as Bama fans, that'd be nearly a dream come true for us. But I'm mentally preparing for OJ Howard and at least one of T Williams/R Anderson/E Jackson/R Foster go. I'd rather fear the worst and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite ...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Let's clear this up. Henry will be gone before 2nd round... HE could go from 1st round to mid 2nd round.
Henry can catch the ball out of the field, but this season we asked him to do a lot.... He is /can be a 3 down players.
Yep, McShay said he was late 1st round or early 2nd round.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

I tend to agree that his Draft Advisory Board may be lower than expected. I also think his combine/pro day performance should more than balance that out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.