Question: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL? Just Henry and A'Shawn So Far

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
While basking in the elation of this past season, winning the NCG and the resulting NC #16, I can't help but think ahead to next year...sorry if it's too soon...I find myself wondering what next year's team will look like. Even when we know who is coming back, we still won't know which freshmen/inbound transfers will have an immediate impact in September, but it's a start. If it's too soon, just shut me up and I'll lay low in the weeds until the subject comes back up...:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL?

Saban said he will meet with the juniors tomorrow to discuss their draft grades, which they will get tomorrow since they decided to wait until after the game.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com

Saban said he will meet with the juniors tomorrow to discuss their draft grades, which they will get tomorrow since they decided to wait until after the game.

Thanks...I remember CNS commenting on "distractions" last year caused by the NFL draft information--their decision to wait until after the NCG speaks volumes about their commitment to the Team. Selfishly, I hope they all come back, but I know that it will be in the best interest of some to enter the draft...I just hope that none get too antsy and leave too soon (for them).

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I heard an interview with Saban & he made a strong case for playing an extra year when the guy is projected even in the second round. He mentioned several guy who played a senior year and greatly improved their draft status. He described the two examples as business decisions that were worth 12 to 16 million dollars to the individual player. (The decision to play the senior year, and jumping from second round to first round by doing so.)
All that's to say I really hope OJ comes back next year.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I heard an interview with Saban & he made a strong case for playing an extra year when the guy is projected even in the second round. He mentioned several guy who played a senior year and greatly improved their draft status. He described the two examples as business decisions that were worth 12 to 16 million dollars to the individual player. (The decision to play the senior year, and jumping from second round to first round by doing so.)
All that's to say I really hope OJ comes back next year.
^^^Yep, OJ needs to come back next year as well as a couple of more that are considering making the jump.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I would guess the following. For sure leaving (all 1st round grades): A'Shawn Robinson, Derrick Henry, Jonathan Allen, OJ Howard. Still on the fence: Tim Williams, Eddie Jackson, Reuben Foster. Very well could end up losing all those guys. Tim Williams will probably be graded late 1st-early 2nd round and Reuben will probably be mid 2nd round grade. Have no idea what grade Eddie Jackson would get. JMO..

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL

I would guess the following. For sure leaving (all 1st round grades): A'Shawn Robinson, Derrick Henry, Jonathan Allen, OJ Howard. Still on the fence: Tim Williams, Eddie Jackson, Reuben Foster. Very well could end up losing all those guys. Tim Williams will probably be graded late 1st-early 2nd round and Reuben will probably be mid 2nd round grade. Have no idea what grade Eddie Jackson would get..
Tim will not grade that high and Reuben should only be a 3rd round grade. Both need to come back, according to CNS.

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006

I would grade everyone of them 6th round or higher...possibly even undrafted. They should all return for their senior season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I think Rueben, will become the next Alpha, and improve his status if he stays.

I also selfishly hope AJ Howard might stay to improve his status and give the new starting qb a great target!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I'd be surprised of OJ Howard grades as a high 1st rounder - he has the tools but no body of work to speak of.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Tim will not grade that high and Reuben should only be a 3rd round grade. Both need to come back, according to CNS.
Tim will get at least a 2nd round grade. Pass rushing defensive end (ability to impact the opposing QB) is the most important position on an NFL defense. I would love for Tim and Reuben to come back though..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I'd be surprised of OJ Howard grades as a high 1st rounder - he has the tools but no body of work to speak of.
It's not really about the grade as much as supply and demand. Receiving tight ends might be the one position that is scarcer than a franchise QB. There are only a few legitimate receiving TEs in the NFL - Jordan Reed, Gronkowski, and Jeremy Graham. That means even as a late round 1st round grade Howard could easily go in the top 10 picks because he is the only player of his kind in the draft. Of course it also depends on the drafting teams needs and their drafting philosophies. Some teams will put more emphasis on production in college and some put more on measurable and potential..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I expect Reuben to return as well - he needs another year. I doubt he even grades out second round this year.

We need to recall that these guys are really talented, but there are LOTS of really talented guys. OJ and Reuben both have the skills to be first rounders, but there are genuine first rounders out there with more extensive bodies of work. I bet they come back in order to have that shot at first round money.

And no, that's not just wishful thinking, it's what I believe will happen.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I expect OJ to be gone. His performance last night speaks volume and I've seen NFL experts saying he helped himself out a lot with his performance.. could be top 1 or 2 TE.. so I see him gone.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

My prediction:

Leaving: Henry, Howard, A. Robinson, Allen

Staying: R. Anderson, T. Williams, Foster (all 3 will be superstars next year)

Could go either way: E. Jackson

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I hope they all come back but there is usually 2 surprises - 1 who you think is gone ends up staying and 1 who you think should stay ends up going. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'm just going to sit over here and keep telling myself that Alabama will have Williams, Allen and Evans on the line together next season until I believe it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

and he still needs to sharpen his pass catching skills. listening to a radio show when in my car today and the guys was saying that oj is a freak of a specimen, but tends to bobble the ball when he catches it.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

I'm just going to sit over here and keep telling myself that Alabama will have Williams, Allen and Evans on the line together next season until I believe it.
Tim's coming back IMO and Evans is a true sophomore, so he's definitely back. Allen is gone though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.