Question: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL? Just Henry and A'Shawn So Far

TouchThatThang

All-SEC
Feb 8, 2014
Williams, Evans, Anderson, Allen, Hand...my goodness. That pass rush is gonna be stupid good. Talk about an OC's worst nightmare...apart from praying your opponent gets food poisoning, how in the heck do you gameplan for that?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Griffith will be an absolute asset next season. If Scott is returning (can't remember what year he is), our special teams will be special.
JK Scott cannot declare for the NFL until after the 2016 season. He may legitimately consider it if he is on schedule to graduate. Luckily injuries to punters are pretty rare, so he may not be in any rush because either way he's got a long career of cashing NFL paychecks ahead of him.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Actually I think he is a junior. As much as it pains me to mention it, he was the one that missed the field goal against auburn in '13.
I am not sure a freshman kicking for the first time in a rivalry game for all the conference marbles from 50+ yards, outdoors from the left hash really qualifies as a miss. It was more like being placed into an unfortunate circumstance. Yet the barn still sees it as "divine intervention".
For what is worth, after seeing him kick in high school, when he was the one that came out for the attempt, I felt he was actually going to nail it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I am not sure a freshman kicking for the first time in a rivalry game for all the conference marbles from 50+ yards, outdoors from the left hash really qualifies as a miss. It was more like being placed into an unfortunate circumstance. Yet the barn still sees it as "divine intervention".
For what is worth, after seeing him kick in high school, when he was the one that came out for the attempt, I felt he was actually going to nail it.
He's got the leg. 57 yards in the rain this season vs LSU
Actually I think he is a junior. As much as it pains me to mention it, he was the one that missed the field goal against auburn in '13.
He's also the guy that kicked the perfect inside kick a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
IMO, him missing it wasn't as much of a problem as the rest of the team not being able to stop the return (due to the big heavies being in to block). That kick was just a perfect storm of the worse sort.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
What impressed me was that he had the testicular fortitude to convince coach to let him try.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Re: Which Juniors will leave early for the NFL?

Man, as Bama fans, that'd be nearly a dream come true for us. But I'm mentally preparing for OJ Howard and at least one of T Williams/R Anderson/E Jackson/R Foster go. I'd rather fear the worst and be pleasantly surprised than the opposite ...
I'm very happy to wrong. Not only are they all (most likely) coming back, but Allen is too.

This week reminds me of when Bama came into the '93 Sugar Bowl as underdogs and ended up as 34-13 victors. Quite the pleasant surprise ... next year should be fun!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
JK Scott cannot declare for the NFL until after the 2016 season. He may legitimately consider it if he is on schedule to graduate. Luckily injuries to punters are pretty rare, so he may not be in any rush because either way he's got a long career of cashing NFL paychecks ahead of him.
Just speculating because I have never heard this, but maybe he had to grow into a bigger body this year too and succeeded. I knew from the first punt that this guy had NFL talent, and that it was no fluke, I could not remember a punt like in the SEC since watching Kevin Butler

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Just speculating because I have never heard this, but maybe he had to grow into a bigger body this year too and succeeded. I knew from the first punt that this guy had NFL talent, and that it was no fluke, I could not remember a punt like in the SEC since watching Kevin Butler
And there's the Colquitt dynasty. One of 'em was punting yesterday in an NFL playoff game.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

This man will factor into the defensive line next year as well. For those of you not familiar with the recruiting board, the little guy is 6'4" 240 tight end commit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
People want to rag on the college coaches about advising most 2nd round grade Juniors to stay, but at this point I think it is a racket. The NFL had one goal with the new rookie pay scale rules: decrease their financial risk and increase the draft talent pool while operating at lower financial risk further down the board. They want guys to go out a year early so they can pay them below their value for 4 years.

Is it nice for the young men to get money now but lets not act like the NFL hasn't gamed this system to pay guys much less during the riskiest period of their careers.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
imo, Saban's recruits were overrated for about 3 years, and you read articles to the effect and the departures, especially in the defensive backfield hurt us. The grades are now more accurate and we are seeing a few juniors staying their senior year, and the players are meeting or exceeding expectations, because they are more accurate. You have to remember, pre Saban, it was almost unheard of for a junior to leave early, our players were lucky to get drafted at all. So much has changed.

Remember the reaction to Keith McCants?

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.