Question: What impact will last night have on signings?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
National titles usually pay off in recruiting for the next year cycle. Honestly it shouldn't have a major effect for us, it just perpetuates the Coke to Bama and win a title idea that they've been selling since 09. It's a recruiting machine right now. I might say that the heismann and the game itself (by dispelling boring offense myths and reinforcing that Saban calls the X's and O's as well or better than everyone) may have helped more as a recruiting tool.

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
You are right that the more wide open game plan might attract some interest. We need to finish strong and lock up a few more 5 stars :)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I would assume that we are full at this point. We probably have a lot of silent commits that want to keep up the suspense until signing day. HOWEVER, if there are any spots open then we may be able to cherry pick a little bit better than we could the night before last.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
National titles usually pay off in recruiting for the next year cycle. Honestly it shouldn't have a major effect for us, it just perpetuates the Coke to Bama and win a title idea that they've been selling since 09. It's a recruiting machine right now. I might say that the heismann and the game itself (by dispelling boring offense myths and reinforcing that Saban calls the X's and O's as well or better than everyone) may have helped more as a recruiting tool.
The proof is definitely in the pudding, it was noted that all of the recruiting classes since Saban has been the HC have now one a national championship.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It will help Clemson more than us. If there were possibly some recruit out there living under a rock since 2004 and still thought Alabama was all about defence I suppose the 45 points we hung on them might be educational. Forgetting of course that the best receiver in the NFL came from us, the best rookie receiver in the NFL came from us, our former QB led Cindy to their first playoff win in 20 years only to have some LSU running back hand the ball back .... so forth and so on.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.