Thank you, Coach Kiffin

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I want to thank Coach Lane Kiffin for calling a great game and putting the guys in the right position to win. There were some amazing calls last night.
Well done, Coach. Thank you.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think we also need to thank our Special Teams coordinator Coach for our great success on Monday night!

Many have been critical of him in the past, including me. Great job Coach Williams!

P.S. Great job Coach Kiffin!

Bluegrasstide

1st Team
Oct 31, 2010
Pikeville KY
I will agree. Coach Kiffin did a phenominal job, especially from the SEC Championship on. The "fox" call on the quick screen that found O.J. wide open was nice. The swing/chute to O.J. that ended in a big gain a huge play was gutsy. If you told me in 2009 that I would actually be posting this reply, I would have accused you of having substance abuse problem...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Coach Kiffin said that he will hire an offensive coordinator when he gets his next coaching shot, which tells me he is getting Sabanized, where the time needed to run a team will not allow you to be the coordinator too, if you want to to be at the level Alabama is. That said a lot, considering that is his niche. I bet he will be all over that OC though, and with another year will be ready to run a big time program.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I can't ever get my thoughts on Kiffin straight. I feel like he didn't manage Coker very well at all in the first half when it was readily apparent that his head was swimming a bit. I'm not sure what it was Coker was pressing, wasn't seeing the picture after the snap, or the pressure simply rattled him. At either rate, Coker needed some easy stuff to get him back in the flow and he just wasn't getting any help from the playcalls. Sure, he was patting the ball maybe a click or two too long but that is exactly why you simplify things for him.

Now, Kiffin erased all that by going for exactly what I thought was necessary for Coker to succeed in the second half. Most of the big plays in the passing game in second half were basically "gotcha" plays. Coker made a few plays off normal stuff such as a completion to Stewart down the sideline and a rollout crossing pattern to Mullaney. But we simply wouldn't have won this game without stuff that you keep in your back pocket just for a specific kind of look. Heck, apparently Howard's last catch was practically drawn up in the dirt at halftime.

Kiffin earned his keep in this playoff. He doesn't play it by the books and sometimes I think he kinda overloads the players with too much new stuff week-to-week...but it paid dividends in this playoff after failing miserably last year in the Sugar Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.