Clemson players and coaches already saying they'll be back

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
With all the hits theyre taking from players declaring for NFL/Graduation, I think this is different Clemson team we'll see next year. They dont seem humbled by the loss in the game and that's a red flag. I see Clemson with 2 losses as well.
Not disagreeing but as mentioned dur the game by the announcers, they pretty much had to replace both lines at the start of this year. They seem to think Clemson is past the need to rebuild every year. Sort of like Bama. Not sure I buy that. :)

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al
They're in a weak conference with FSU being their only "tough" opponent and they have a Qb that can carry them; not saying that they should be talking like that but it won't be absurd to see them back.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Not disagreeing but as mentioned dur the game by the announcers, they pretty much had to replace both lines at the start of this year. They seem to think Clemson is past the need to rebuild every year. Sort of like Bama. Not sure I buy that. :)
Perfect example: Ohio State.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I will be surprised if Clemson is back in the CFP next season...

Deshaun Watson says he'd consider turning pro next year

Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson has his eye on the NFL and says he could leave a season early next year if the circumstances are right.

Watson spoke Wednesday before the Tigers' basketball game with Pittsburgh. He was honored as the South Carolina Football Hall of Fame's Collegiate Player of the Year.

The 6-foot-2 sophomore All-American said the NFL has always been a dream and is part of the reason he came to Clemson. Watson said one of his goals is to get his college degree before he leaves. He is on track to graduate in December.

"If I have the opportunity to go to the NFL, I'm going to take it," Watson said.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
No doubt. Barring injury he's out. Even with injury he's probably gone. I don't think the team overall will has as much success next season.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
But he will play next season as a junior, then he's out...right?

Clemson will have bigger problems replacing guys on defense this season then they had replacing guys last season. 2-years ago their sophomore and junior backups saw a lot of action and were ready to step in this past season, but this past season Clemson's defensive backups did not see nearly as much meaningful playing time. They have talent filling in so I don't think they will be bad, but they won't go without skipping a beat like they did last year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I posted the link to show Clemson's most likely to be distracted next season. Of course, he's most likely gone after next season, but he shouldn't be admitting as much right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But he will play next season as a junior, then he's out...right?

Clemson will have bigger problems replacing guys on defense this season then they had replacing guys last season. 2-years ago their sophomore and junior backups saw a lot of action and were ready to step in this past season, but this past season Clemson's defensive backups did not see nearly as much meaningful playing time. They have talent filling in so I don't think they will be bad, but they won't go without skipping a beat like they did last year.
He will and then he's gone.

I agree. They are hanging their hat on what happened this season. Next season they'll have trouble stopping everyone including the Barn. It isn't like the defense was, though very good, wasn't world beaters this year.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I posted the link to show Clemson's most likely to be distracted next season. Of course, he's most likely gone after next season, but he shouldn't be admitting as much right now.
Absolutely correct - he is already spending that money in his mind. No way he is the same person next season.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Maybe they should call your bunch at Ohio St for how a team can become more individually focused after success
Reference point - 2010 Crimson Tide

Somehow I think 2016 Crimson Tide will handle their success much better. The number of players that could have left but decided to return is a good early indication of what the attitude seems it will be next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
2010 Alabama and 2015 Ohio State are eerily similar types of teams. Each were probably among the most talented teams their respective schools had ever had. Neither lived up to their ability due to injuries and poor focus. The W-L difference is mostly owed to the Big Ten just being a lesser conference and Ohio State avoiding most of the better teams.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
clemson's returning offensive fire power along with their relatively weak schedule give them at least a better than average shot at returning to the playoff. I think they lose at FSU which should keep them out of playoff, but win that one and there's not much else on their schedule to worry about, with auburn literally being their second hardest game next year.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
clemson's returning offensive fire power along with their very weak schedule give them at least a better than average shot at returning to the playoff. I think they lose at FSU which should keep them out of playoff, but win that one and there's not much else on their schedule to worry about, with auburn literally being their second hardest game next year.
FIFY - they play two SEC teams who were bottom dwellers last year and one of them gave them a tough game in 2015.
Their SOS should kill them. They don't play Notre Dame.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.