Clemson players and coaches already saying they'll be back

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
It makes it a little easier for their players to live with the loss if they "feel" this way.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
By a quirk of the way the stats are normally kept, ST yardage doesn't normally get printed. When you add in Drake's run plus our other run back yardage, they don't even come out on top in yards covered on the field...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
FIFY - they play two SEC teams who were bottom dwellers last year and one of them gave them a tough game in 2015.
Their SOS should kill them. They don't play Notre Dame.
This is the perfect set up for Clemson to drop a couple of games to losers. They are still saying they should have won the game they should be National Champs. They will be preseason #1 because of their QB (who also should have been #1 Heisman) and they have a good chance to take all this a given and not seriously.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is the perfect set up for Clemson to drop a couple of games to losers. They are still saying they should have won the game they should be National Champs. They will be preseason #1 because of their QB (who also should have been #1 Heisman) and they have a good chance to take all this a given and not seriously.
I agree - getting close and vowing to improve so you can finish next season is the kind of attitude that it takes to get back to the big game. I am not sure that the attitude that they are currently taking is the answer. That said, their attitude reflects their head coach, and what he did last year got them there once, so what do I know?

I believed that Clemson was going to be exposed by Alabama. I didn't think that Watson was that great - put his stats on the weak defenses that he faced. I didn't think that their head coach's approach would work in a pressure situation - didn't think that he would have them ready for this stage. I was wrong on all counts.

I'm not second guessing myself. I still believe that the same things win that have always won. But these QBs in these offenses sure give a team a chance when they normally wouldn't have one. And say what you will, Dabo's teams have not given up. They really believe in themselves. I'm not sure what to expect out of them next year, but I'm not surprised that they expect greatness.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I agree - getting close and vowing to improve so you can finish next season is the kind of attitude that it takes to get back to the big game. I am not sure that the attitude that they are currently taking is the answer. That said, their attitude reflects their head coach, and what he did last year got them there once, so what do I know?

I believed that Clemson was going to be exposed by Alabama. I didn't think that Watson was that great - put his stats on the weak defenses that he faced. I didn't think that their head coach's approach would work in a pressure situation - didn't think that he would have them ready for this stage. I was wrong on all counts.

I'm not second guessing myself. I still believe that the same things win that have always won. But these QBs in these offenses sure give a team a chance when they normally wouldn't have one. And say what you will, Dabo's teams have not given up. They really believe in themselves. I'm not sure what to expect out of them next year, but I'm not surprised that they expect greatness.

Agreed. Attitude and motivation are valuable assets in this arena. And at this time, Clemson seems to have both in abundance. Which makes them a formidable adversary for even the most talented teams. Still...take away Watson...and the fall to earth could be quite damaging to their psyche. He will be extremely difficult to replace come next year. Enjoy it while you can.

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I agree. However, I wonder where the Rah-Rah, believe in yourself stuff goes when they take a loss? There's a reason they call it Clemsoning. They were flat better than everybody they played last year except Bama, so there was nothing to trip over. But when your HC is going through the locker room saying "You're the best CB in college football" or "You're the best LB in college football", he comes off looking like a liar when they get roasted. After that, it's hard to maintain focus or believe in the system. That's why they usually drop more than one game in a season and play even more close ones. After that first loss, the coaching style doesn't work.

Saban's method has alway been more of a "succeed in spite of yourself." Pound out the weakness and inconsistency. I wonder if Clemson had dropped that game to OM like we did if they would have been able to run that same schedule? It's speculation, but I don't buy their staying power outside of their ability to recruit. Jump up and down, scream yourself silly, tell your players, your fans, your lockers, your cleats that they are the best in all of college football...Dab all you want, it won't get you a National Championship.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
it's sort of like "we were just 5 yards and 5 seconds from the national championship"

it leads to a sense of entitlement

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really respected Clemson's effort but they need to be wary of a bad mindset heading into 2016. Everybody is 0-0 again and you gotta earn your way back to the table. That goes for them. That goes for us.

I mean, in the last decade we've seen plenty of really talented teams never put it together for a championship run. Especially two defending champions that were stacked as much as any team has ever been stacked: 2010 Alabama and 2015 Ohio State.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.