Question: Any word circulating on whether Kiffin will be returning or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I did some research on Kiffin rumor to Titans and it looks like it came from an account on twitter that turned out to be false. Right now, I don't think Kiffin would leave in middle of recuiting because that would cause lot of issues. I don't think he wants to come to NFL as OC... He just want to be HC. Best shot for Kiffin is to stay one more season and develop Barnett, because if he can pull that off with Barnett next year and get us to playoff again, Dude will be #1 choice for every single coaching job in College and NFL. IF he goes now, and ends up as OC somewhere... and kinda struggle in first year or has decent performance... then he may have messed it up. He needs to play it safe.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Well, as the situation is now, he's coming back. However, there has been an NFL feeler. The main reason he was coming back was a dearth of a real "fit" for him elsewhere. Now, whether or not his "baggage" was a factor in that, IDK. All this said, having him on staff has not been unmixed joy. I can't believe that CNS would struggle to retain him, as he has for some of the other staff. CNS brought him on staff for the purpose of opening our offense up and Lane was the perfect fit for that. When he's replaced, I think the next OC will be someone of similar philosophy. I hate to have the attitude of "better the devil you know," but, if the other issues can be brought under control, I'd like to see him stay on. JMHO...
I have really noticed a change in Lane during the brief interviews he was afforded in our last two games. Last year he was that same sarcastic guy we all know as evidenced in his poking at Coach's height and Saban's pleading to run the ball yada yada yada. Recently, he seems more reverent to our Coach and "The Process." I think he stays and learns a little more.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have really noticed a change in Lane during the brief interviews he was afforded in our last two games. Last year he was that same sarcastic guy we all know as evidenced in his poking at Coach's height and Saban's pleading to run the ball yada yada yada. Recently, he seems more reverent to our Coach and "The Process." I think he stays and learns a little more.
Well, he's been through a real rough patch with CNS and the AD, and his behavior may be a result of gratitude right now. I'd noticed the same changes...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think given what has transpired in the last few months, and with him as a person, coach and a father, I think he really grew up a lot this season. I saw a interview with Coker where he said prior to Ole Miss, he didn't like Kiffin at all and couldn't stand him. I would imgaine few players didn't like him as well. I think Kiffin had a come to jesus moment and His relationship with players and coaches got better... That's why he's humbled.. I can tell he changed a lot and possibly for the better.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think Kiffin and Blake Barnett have a strong bond together. Kiffin wants to see Blake grow and succeed and be one of, if not the best QB Alabama has ever had. Its possible, especially if all the accolades Barnett brings pan out.
BB, especially under Kiffin's coaching, could be something to behold...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm reminded of those who doubted CNS when Kiffin was hired. I spent many hours posting stats from CLK's time as OC supporting the hire and now we have people worried he might leave.

Funny how trusting CNS tends to work out...

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
I think I remember reading that his wife/kids were finally moving from LA to Tuscaloosa; if true that would seem to indicate that he'll be around for a bit longer.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think I remember reading that his wife/kids were finally moving from LA to Tuscaloosa; if true that would seem to indicate that he'll be around for a bit longer.
Earle said that... he didn't say finally moved... he said he would assume that if Kiffin were to be back next year, he would imgaine that his wife and kids could move to T-town.

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
My Dad and I were talking about him the other day. We came to the conclusion that he would be here for another year or two. I mean money is obviously not an issue for him, he is learning under the greatest college football coach of all time, has the best athletes in the nation to work with, and is having the most success he has ever had. As long as he is enjoying his life his I don't see him changing it any time soon. This is very premature, but we may be looking at our next "head coach in waiting". That probably rubs people the wrong way, but at this point I would rather have him than Dabo.

If he does leave I will harbor no ill feelings towards him and wish him the best of luck. I believe he has learned from his previous mistakes and will be a great head coach.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Looking at Lane'e resume, it would appear that he prefers college ball, with that, a move to a NFL OC would be a head scratcher to many, I have never read a word on the subject. Most pundits who claim inside information believe that another year with Coach Saban would/could complete a career resurrection. So imo, unless he is offered a top 25 program, by far his best option is to keep his job. He will then have 3 years under who many believe is the best mentor in the game, 2 does not cut it, 3 does. I think he wants to say.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Don't know how much longer SC has to pay Kiffin's buyout, but don't you know he would love to pound them even while they are still paying him? Holy Cow, that would feel good.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Under kiffin Blake sims and hake Coker had 3000 yard seasons, A rarity at alabama especially given our 2000 yard running back this season. It's time to let the hate many Harbor for the dude go and be happy that he comes back next year.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Don't know how much longer SC has to pay Kiffin's buyout, but don't you know he would love to pound them even while they are still paying him? Holy Cow, that would feel good.
I would think this is somehow playing on his mind about where he will be next season. I fully expect him to be on Bamas sideline next season. (This and Blake Barnett)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.