Question: Any word circulating on whether Kiffin will be returning or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
agreed, but it's hard to blame him for jumping at that opportunity
But, they were about to be placed on probation, that is my only reserve. He went 10-2 and then the scholly'***** and he was gone, and shamed by Pat Haden. Nobody has had a 10-2 record USC since. It is bad to leave a big time program after 1 season, it just looks bad, and ironically made it easier for Haden to nationally embarrass him, calling him off the bus. But he got his with a drunk, and now the drunks assistant in charge lol.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
But, they were about to be placed on probation, that is my only reserve. He went 10-2 and then the scholly'***** and he was gone, and shamed by Pat Haden. Nobody has had a 10-2 record USC since. It is bad to leave a big time program after 1 season, it just looks bad, and ironically made it easier for Haden to nationally embarrass him, calling him off the bus. But he got his with a drunk, and now the drunks assistant in charge lol.
And people forget the whole debacle with Sarkisian texting Haden during a game to come down and chew out a referee for a call he made and the embarrassing video of Haden down on the sideline yelling at him like he's a drunk dad at a peewee game. AD's have been fired for less. It's not easy to run a mammoth program like USC but that behavior was far beneath the standard of behavior they aspire too....though oddly enough, since Kiffin's firing, it's the standard of behavior we are unsurprised to hear about from them.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Our passing attack next season has the chance to be the best we have had here. Assuming a QB steps up. Our WR's are going to be unstoppable.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
And people forget the whole debacle with Sarkisian texting Haden during a game to come down and chew out a referee for a call he made and the embarrassing video of Haden down on the sideline yelling at him like he's a drunk dad at a peewee game. AD's have been fired for less. It's not easy to run a mammoth program like USC but that behavior was far beneath the standard of behavior they aspire too....though oddly enough, since Kiffin's firing, it's the standard of behavior we are unsurprised to hear about from them.
I thought the text to Haden from Sark was to bring down a couple of cold one's. They were out on the sideline. J/K I think Haden has been more embarrasing to that school than CLK was.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I don't see him leaving for another college assistant slot and all the head coaching vacancies are filled, I believe. That leaves either NFL head coach or assistant. Unless he just wants to move back to the league, an assistant position is probably not that great a deal, though he wouldn't have to recruit.

He has not been on any of the Titans' reported short lists, although a new GM could change that. The new LA thing might attract him, but I'm not sure that would be a good team PR move down there for any team.

He owes Alabama right now. He should be loyal and stay and take the chance to stomp USC in the fall.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Back to topic:
I want to know if kiffin is out recuiting or not?
He is getting a lot of positive press right now. In one article "NY Post" he declined to say if he's getting offers, so I assume he is. Imo, either he jumps to an unattractive NFL HC job or he stays, I think he is still too toxic for a big college HC job, but will not be next season. He has led Bama to multiple offensive records with two 3 star quarterbacks. What he has done on the field deserves a raise imo, and that is what I believe he might be thinking about, am I appreciated, rightly or wrongly, because the press is on his side for the most part praising him as our secret weapon.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Back to topic:
I want to know if kiffin is out recuiting or not?
I have no idea if he is leaving or not but he'll be out recruiting right now regardless. I wouldn't expect him to leave (if he's going to) until after NSD. It could be disastrous to replace an offensive coordinator 3 weeks before NSD..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have no idea if he is leaving or not but he'll be out recruiting right now regardless. I wouldn't expect him to leave (if he's going to) until after NSD. It could be disastrous to replace an offensive coordinator 3 weeks before NSD..
Ask Tennessee about that one. You can't forget the past, so I hope he is a changed coach, because if he wants to be a big time head coach in college, he should stay another year.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Semi-related question:
Info on a defensive coach - probably for linebackers - assuming Pruitt will take the secondary?
I'd love to see Freddie Roach get promoted. He was a heck of a LB for us.... He could definitely be a huge asset for our young ILB, especially if Foster leaves.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He apparently turned the UCLA OC position down last week.
It's HC or Bama. NFL would be this year, college would be next year, that's my strong opinion. Unless Bama does not want him, and I suspect CNS does.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Kiffin turned down UCLA OC jobUCLA offered the offensive coordinator job to Lane Kiffin before eventually promoting RB coach Kennedy Polamalu. Kiffin turned down the job in the days before Alabama's win in the national title game. (via ESPN's Brett McMurphy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.