Question: Any word circulating on whether Kiffin will be returning or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
Just curious about his status. Thought he did a good job last year, and I would love to see him be able to work with a guy with the potential of Blake Barnett. That young man has a high ceiling when you look at raw talent, and CLK hasn't had a player like that in his time here or really anywhere when you look at his coaching history. He did a great job with Sims and Coker. I know he has had some issues, but I'm hopeful those have been worked out and that he stays.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I have no idea if he is leaving or not but regardless I think CNS would ask him to stay through signing day. It would create a lot of problems to have to replace the offensive coordinator with less than a month to national signing day. I wouldn't expect to hear anything about him leaving (if he does) till after NSD. JMO..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
McShay was talking as if it was a given that he would not be back with Alabama next season. Not sure why.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I would say that it is more than likely CNS will do as much as possible to keep CLK here because of all the staff loses that we are going through. I do not know this on authority but I think if CKS had stayed and not taken the UGA job and we had not seen some staff loses from that, then CLK may have left. That is just speculation and for all I know, CLK and CNS may be best of buds and CLK will stay here for another decade......

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I also think the opener with USC has his interest. i'm sure he would like nothing more than to put 42 on USC and Pat Haden. JMO

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
You never know... CLK may have caught the college football coaching bug. If so, he is in an ABSOLUTELY perfect place. Learn from the master. Bolster your resume with more SEC and National Championships. When there's a vacancy here at the Capstone he could be a natural fit. Of if he doesn't want to wait quite that long, he could almost pick the perfect coaching job when it opens up.

On another note, for CLK (and Bama of course), I hope we destroy USC.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia
In an earlier thread, it was discussed that CLK wanted to return next year in order to work with Blake and Jalen. Earle and other folks in the know indicated the trends were favorable for his return.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, as the situation is now, he's coming back. However, there has been an NFL feeler. The main reason he was coming back was a dearth of a real "fit" for him elsewhere. Now, whether or not his "baggage" was a factor in that, IDK. All this said, having him on staff has not been unmixed joy. I can't believe that CNS would struggle to retain him, as he has for some of the other staff. CNS brought him on staff for the purpose of opening our offense up and Lane was the perfect fit for that. When he's replaced, I think the next OC will be someone of similar philosophy. I hate to have the attitude of "better the devil you know," but, if the other issues can be brought under control, I'd like to see him stay on. JMHO...

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Well, as the situation is now, he's coming back. However, there has been an NFL feeler. The main reason he was coming back was a dearth of a real "fit" for him elsewhere. Now, whether or not his "baggage" was a factor in that, IDK. All this said, having him on staff has not been unmixed joy. I can't believe that CNS would struggle to retain him, as he has for some of the other staff. CNS brought him on staff for the purpose of opening our offense up and Lane was the perfect fit for that. When he's replaced, I think the next OC will be someone of similar philosophy. I hate to have the attitude of "better the devil you know," but, if the other issues can be brought under control, I'd like to see him stay on. JMHO...
Ditto...not to mention negatives his departure could do to recruiting

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I think Kiffin and Blake Barnett have a strong bond together. Kiffin wants to see Blake grow and succeed and be one of, if not the best QB Alabama has ever had. Its possible, especially if all the accolades Barnett brings pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.