Who does Derrick Henry remind you of?

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
As far as RB's you have seen play throughout the years? Two RB's come to my mind. Eddie George and Rodney Hampton. Similar styles.

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
His running style has always reminded me of Dickerson, though Dickerson probably had quicker feet. I can see some Hampton there too now that you mention him, hadn't thought of him before.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
No one. I'm not joking, he doesn't remind me of anyone. I used to say Eric Dickerson but that is only because they both were very tall and were deceptively fast. However I'm sure my memory has faded a lot but it seemed to me that Dickerson's running style was a bit different. Perhaps he was able to get started faster than Henry but Henry may punish the defense a bit more once he gets going. George was big and tall but probably a bit more physical and not quite as fast.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
No one. I'm not joking, he doesn't remind me of anyone. I used to say Eric Dickerson but that is only because they both were very tall and were deceptively fast. However I'm sure my memory has faded a lot but it seemed to me that Dickerson's running style was a bit different. Perhaps he was able to get started faster than Henry but Henry may punish the defense a bit more once he gets going. George was big and tall but probably a bit more physical and not quite as fast.
This is true, and why he could slip. There no one in the league like Derrick and it will be interesting to see how he transitions to the next level. Once he gets momentum he is extremely dangerous, but the NFL is about getting through close holes. vision and quickness. I am optimistic because of his strength, but unlike other Bama RB's, it's hard to predict. I do think he will have a good career, but not sure if as an every down back.

TydDFens

1st Team
Feb 5, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Marcus Dupree in his prime. I am too young to have seen him live so, I am just going of the 30 for 30. The Best That Never Was: Marcus Dupree. Sad story though.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Marcus Dupree in his prime. I am too young to have seen him live so, I am just going of the 30 for 30. The Best That Never Was: Marcus Dupree. Sad story though.
I remember when he was recruited. The very beginning of the era were people started to really pay attention to recruiting. I have a copy of every bama recruiting class back to 1971 in pdf. if anyone wants.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Eddie George is closest in my memory, but he was slower. And that shows you how much the NFL has changed. George was a great player but would he even be a first round pick today? Will Henry be?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He deserves the new bigger grills and stylish rims for sure. Much better.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.