After Watching The Championsip Replay Twice....

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
Alabama defensive backs were in good position on some of the Clemson QB's passes which were completed because they were fantastic throws (also one bogus PI call against Bama in which the DB played well and Clemson receiver reached back on the defender...).

Bama DB's also broke up some perfect passes including several break-ups by Bama freshmen. The Clemson QB made some good plays with his feet to keep drives alive by just getting enough yards but he did not run loose against Bama's defense. I don't think he was very successful at all on designed QB running plays.

I just don't see as many negatives with Alabama's defense that others are seeing.
clemson racked up 550 yards (440 passing) and 40 points, it's fair to say that Bama D did not have its best day.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It's also fair to say that we played an elite QB to the level we last saw with Manziel, a notch above the really good one's. We built a solid lead nearly unbeatable lead in the 4th but went into a prevent defense to milk the clock, and letting them score unfortunately padding his stats. Even with the onside kick, it would have been difficult for them to score with 16 seconds left.

He had a lot of yards on that last drive. That is not an excuse, but we were not way back prevent. I am not sure what the strategy was other than not allowing them to score quickly. Big time prevent.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.