Question: Depth Chart for 2016 (Direct all depth chart discussion here)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Summation of 2016 Depth Chart / Departing Juniors and Seniors

taylor is not that bad.
started all 14 games of the season ... helped open holes for 204.4 rushing yards per game that ranks 29th nationally and third in the SEC ... has a team-high 53 knockdown blocks ... missed only 12 assignments in the Tide’s 14 games ... surrendered just one sack for a unit that ranks tied for 34th nationally in sacks allowed with 1.43 per gam

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

So the left side is solidified because Baldwin is coming in to compete for the RT position....

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

With Charles Baldwin coming in from playing juco ball, is he one and done or does he have two yrs of eligibility remaining?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Right, I get what you're saying. I think the Left side is solidified and especially with Baldwin coming in to compete for RT spot. Look at their season stats: http://www.cfbfilmroom.com/alabama-crimson-tide/ I expect Taylor to hold up, He finished with 97.3 percent.
Those are interesting stats - although not all that shocking (other that RP having given up as many hurries as he did) with CamRob being banged up at the begining of the year as I don't think anyone here would use those numbers to say Jackson is a better OT than CamRob. They are all pass blocking though and nothing for the run blocking which is where I think the issue is.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

With Charles Baldwin coming in from playing juco ball, is he one and done or does he have two yrs of eligibility remaining?
He has two years but Rodney Orr of TI called him a one and done type talent so we may lose both our OT's next year. I hope Rodney is right about his talent level but hope he is wrong and he sticks around for 2 years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He has two years but Rodney Orr of TI called him a one and done type talent so we may lose both our OT's next year. I hope Rodney is right about his talent level but hope he is wrong and he sticks around for 2 years.
Seems like Alabama is always at risk of losing many great players in a single season. Hasn't kept you from winning like no other team in college football history.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Don't forget Deionte Thompson at safety in 2016. Link

Deep down, Deionte Thompson had wanted to move back to safety for a while.

That made Thompson's meeting with Alabama coach Nick Saban following the SEC championship game relatively easy.

Thompson, whom Rivals ranked as the third-best safety prospect in last year's recruiting class, had spent the past several months of his freshman season at wide receiver after moving there from safety during the spring.

But Saban told Thompson during that meeting that he thinks Thompson has a better chance to play a role next season at safety than at wide receiver. Saban further explained that moving back at that point would give Thompson multiple weeks of practice at safety and a chance to reacclimate to the position before beginning to compete for a starting job during the spring.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Don't forget Deionte Thompson at safety in 2016. Link
"After weighing 174 pounds when he first got to Alabama, the 6-foot-2 Thompson was up to 195 pounds entering the offseason."

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Just saw this break-down. Three weeks old, but I didn't see it in this thread or anywhere else. SIAP.

Reloaded: First look at 2016 Alabama Crimson Tide depth chart

"Several prominent juniors decided to put the NFL on hold, ensuring that fans will see a legion of familiar faces on the field this autumn.
Make no mistake, though: There are huge question marks at key positions.
We put together a projected 2016 depth chart to give you an idea of how the Crimson Tide will line up for another title run."

https://www.seccount...ide-depth-chart

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

A- Day will be extremely interesting this year.

Will O J Smith and Johnny Dwight provide some depth or even see major minutes ion the DL? How about Kirven . . . Back to DL from OL?

Ronnie Clark. More reps at RB, or does he find time as an H or maybe LB? Pulling for this fellow especially hard because he was willing to do whatever to help the team. If he has the wheels to be a RB and can catch, maybe he can be a B Smelley type Hback, with the added threat of carrying the ball.

When he played, did Sims line up more as a slot or more in trad wide positions?

Does Christian Miller have the heft to play LB for us? If not, can he be a Safety? From what I hear he has the speed to hang with R Evans.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Seeing a depth chart that does not have Lester Cotton listed (at least as a backup) is hard to understand.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Seeing a depth chart that does not have Lester Cotton listed (at least as a backup) is hard to understand.
There was a lot wrong with that one. Lot's of things that didn't make sense

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just saw this break-down. Three weeks old, but I didn't see it in this thread or anywhere else. SIAP.

Reloaded: First look at 2016 Alabama Crimson Tide depth chart

"Several prominent juniors decided to put the NFL on hold, ensuring that fans will see a legion of familiar faces on the field this autumn.
Make no mistake, though: There are huge question marks at key positions.
We put together a projected 2016 depth chart to give you an idea of how the Crimson Tide will line up for another title run."

https://www.seccount...ide-depth-chart
Struggle to see Brandon Greene taking the starting RT job.

Does Christian Miller have the heft to play LB for us? If not, can he be a Safety? From what I hear he has the speed to hang with R Evans.
He's listed at 6'4, 213 on RollTide.com, but those measurements are probably not very recent. He's not moving to safety.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Struggle to see Brandon Greene taking the starting RT job.

He's listed at 6'4, 213 on RollTide.com, but those measurements are probably not very recent. He's not moving to safety.
Picture from the SEC championship looks like he's added some weight, but likely needs to continue before he can be a three down guy.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

A note: I've followed the heights and weights of players for years and starting about three years back they stopped updating them because every time someone gained or lost a lot of weight it would generate a question to Nick Saban who would not like the question because it would set an expectation, which of course Saban doesn't like expectations. The only accurate updates you'll get are from media interviews.

With that said here is my new post nfl draft deadline/signing day 2 deep chart guesstimate for the fall

QB - Barnett - Bateman
RB - Bo - Harris
WR1 - Ridley - Cam Sims
WR2 - Stewart - Charlot
WR3 - Foster - Kief
TE - Howard - Henges
LT - Robinson - Jonah Williams
LG - Pierschbacher - Cotton
C - Hassenauer - Casher
RG - Shank - Warmack
RT - Baldwin - Kirvin

FS - R Harrison - Hootie Jones
SS - Jackson - Burgess-Becker
Star - T Brown - Jared Mayden
LCB - Humphrey - Sheffield
RCB - Fitzpatrick - A Averett
RE - Jonathan Allen - DaShawn Hand
DT - Daron Payne - the Hulk
LE - Dalvin Tomlinson - Jamar King
Jack - Tim Williams - Rashaan Evans
Mike - Reuben Foster - Ben Davis
Will - SD Hamilton - Holcombe
Sam - R Anderson - Christian Miller

All special teams the same as last year.

Notes:
I like BJ Emmons to challenge 2 deep if he qualifies, we shall see.
I suspect TJ Simmons is better than he is rated and might challenge Kief for his spot
I think Mack Wilson might break into this list also, not sure just yet

I think there are some talented players in this class that all need to get bigger stronger faster. Much can change over a summer with Cochran.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

A note: I've followed the heights and weights of players for years and starting about three years back they stopped updating them because every time someone gained or lost a lot of weight it would generate a question to Nick Saban who would not like the question because it would set an expectation, which of course Saban doesn't like expectations. The only accurate updates you'll get are from media interviews.

With that said here is my new post nfl draft deadline/signing day 2 deep chart guesstimate for the fall

QB - Barnett - Bateman
RB - Bo - Harris
WR1 - Ridley - Cam Sims
WR2 - Stewart - Charlot
WR3 - Foster - Kief
TE - Howard - Henges
LT - Robinson - Jonah Williams
LG - Pierschbacher - Cotton
C - Hassenauer - Casher
RG - Shank - Warmack
RT - Baldwin - Kirvin

FS - R Harrison - Hootie Jones
SS - Jackson - Burgess-Becker
Star - T Brown - Jared Mayden
LCB - Humphrey - Sheffield
RCB - Fitzpatrick - A Averett
RE - Jonathan Allen - DaShawn Hand
DT - Daron Payne - the Hulk
LE - Dalvin Tomlinson - Jamar King
Jack - Tim Williams - Rashaan Evans
Mike - Reuben Foster - Ben Davis
Will - SD Hamilton - Holcombe
Sam - R Anderson - Christian Miller

All special teams the same as last year.

Notes:
I like BJ Emmons to challenge 2 deep if he qualifies, we shall see.
I suspect TJ Simmons is better than he is rated and might challenge Kief for his spot
I think Mack Wilson might break into this list also, not sure just yet

I think there are some talented players in this class that all need to get bigger stronger faster. Much can change over a summer with Cochran.
Looks pretty good. I think Bozeman will fight it out to get a spot on the two deep at one of the interior positions. He's been one of the primary guys inside whenever someone got dinged up.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Man, that is a crazy talented two deep. Since you went 3+ deep on the D-line last year, how does that look?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.