Steak Fajitas

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Make these...

2 1lb flank or skirt steaks
1 each Green, Red, Yellow Bell Pepper
1 large white or yellow onion

Tortillas and desired toppings (pico de gallo, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, cheese, anything you want!)

Make the marinade...

Combine
1/4 cup soy
1/4 cup Moores or Publix steak marinade
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar

Whisk together, then add 2 packages of dry fajita seasoning mix (McCormicks or any like brand)
OR Add...

2 tsps ground cumin
2 tsps black pepper
1 TBS chili powder
1 tsp garlic

Mix in dry ingredients with wet, then reserve about 1/2 a cup of marinade
Pierce the steaks a few times with a fork, place in a large ziploc bag or in covered container, pour the marinade in and toss. Refrigerate and let marinate for 4-24 hours

Now, stem, seed, and cut peppers and onions into 1/2 or so strips. Pour reserved 1/2 cup marinade over veggies, toss, refrigerate until ready to use.

Remove steaks and veggies from fridge an hour or so before using. Either grill steaks or cook in hot pan (cast iron if possible), searing the outside and pulling when center reads about 120 degrees for med rare
Let steaks rest, then cook veggies till soft, maybe up to 10 minutes, (I like to add juices that have accumulated around steaks here as well)
Slice meat thinly AGAINST the grain, stuff into tortillas with veggies and preferred toppings, and enjoy!

You can also use this recipe for chicken or shrimp - I use boneless skinless breast and cut thenm in half. Chicken seems to absorb the marinade flavor more quickly so downshift on the time marinaded.

With shrimp, I marinade 15 minutes to an hour

I like a homemade salsa or pico with my fajitas, maybe some crisp lettuce for crunch and some freshness, and suggest grating your own queso fresco or any mexican melting type cheese

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.