15 year old paki boy cuts off own hand, parents celebrate

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Insane.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/pakistani-boy-cuts-off-own-hand-blasphemy-mistake-142348041.html

A 15-year-old Pakistani boy cut off his own hand believing he had committed blasphemy, only to be celebrated by his parents and neighbours for the act, police told AFP Friday.

Local police chief Nausher Ahmed described how an imam told a gathering at a village mosque that those who love the Prophet Mohammad always say their prayers, then asked who among the crowd had stopped praying.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Just not sure what scripture and interpretation of that scripture you've read that says that in the bible. I'm sure though you've taken everything literal just like this boy.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
if he or she or it "has a plan" then he (she, It) allowed this and everything else that ever happens or will ever happen

this isn't hard

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Matthew 5:30

And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast
it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 18:9

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast [them] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast [them] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast [it] from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

I guess I have a lot of splainin' to do as to why I didn't pluck out my eyes, cut out my tongue or cut off my hands...

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

These are some of the verses omitted from the Episcopalian Bible.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
This thread could easily become a religious discussion or a cultural discussion. I want to take it in a different direction. Hear me out for a second. I've lived around the world at various times with my job. I'm probably older than most of you, so you can imagine my parents were even older, and far more "limited" in their view of the world. I was always amazed how concern my parents would become upon hearing a traumatic story on the news about an event that occurred 500 miles or more from where I was at the time. No matter how hard I tried to explain I was safe, they worried. I wrote it off as parents just being parents.
Fast forward a few years, and I found myself living in Turkey. I became a bit of a mentor for some young Turkish professionals hired by my client. One young Turk had an opportunity to travel to the USA for some corporate training. He confided in me he was scared to go to the USA. When I asked why, he explained he was afraid he would become a victim of a shoot-out between cops and criminals. And he was serious. I realized he was seeing the USA thru the Television shows and news media he had seen from America. I also realized my parents were seeing the world from the news broadcasts they were seeing. All this rambling to say, "Be careful" how you view people from other parts of the world. News events tend to "paint" a culture or a country as being all like the characters in a given news story. A bad news story in Istanbul can paint Turkey in a bad light. Certainly the events of 9-11 painted Saudi Arabia in a bad light. This news story can paint all Pakistanis as lunatic followers of a dangerous religion. And while this story is indeed tragic, and the child's family is indeed misguided, I just ask that you all keep an open mind about that country, its people, and their culture.

You might be surprised how much their values line up with yours.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.