Newly Released ESPN FPI Rankings (Not so good Clemson)

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It's poetic just because we beat them to me. These rankings have hardly meant a lot in the scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Agree, imo, the best two teams played in the NC and Clemson was the best team we faced all year. And #5 is nothing to sniff about.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Agree, imo, the best two teams played in the NC and Clemson was the best team we faced all year. And #5 is nothing to sniff about.
I think it's somewhat strange that OK would be ahead of them, considering they had lost to Clemson. Oh well, as Bama fans, we've seen stranger rankings.

Roll Tide! National Champs...again!

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I think it's somewhat strange that OK would be ahead of them, considering they had lost to Clemson. Oh well, as Bama fans, we've seen stranger rankings.

Roll Tide! National Champs...again!
I was too overconfident that we would destroy Clemson, that OK game was very telling after all. I could not be happier that Auburn starts the season with 'em. They are tough.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
It's poetic just because we beat them to me. These rankings have hardly meant a lot in the scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I couldn't care less about the rankings, but their ranking is priceless to me especially being below Ok and Ole Miss. I keep hearing the should've,would've, could've every day. You realize it is all a conspiracy don't you? ;)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
FPI just isn't that great. Football Outsiders F+ rankings are my preferred "advanced analytic" for college football.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/fplus

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Ole Miss
6. Stanford
7. Notre Dame
8. Michigan
9. Michigan State
10. LSU

To be real, Ole Miss was very much that caliber of team this year but they no-showed two games and got out-played in a wild game against a hot team. And that is how you have a team that should have went 12-1 and in the playoffs end up actually going 10-3. Sometimes that championship pedigree gets overrated but years like what Ole Miss had this year kinda goes to show there is something to it on occasion.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
FPI just isn't that great. Football Outsiders F+ rankings are my preferred "advanced analytic" for college football.

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Ole Miss
6. Stanford
7. Notre Dame
8. Michigan
9. Michigan State
10. LSU

To be real, Ole Miss was very much that caliber of team this year but they no-showed two games and got out-played in a wild game against a hot team. And that is how you have a team that should have went 12-1 and in the playoffs end up actually going 10-3. Sometimes that championship pedigree gets overrated but years like what Ole Miss had this year kinda goes to show there is something to it on occasion.

Man, Florida is way down the list

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Florida way, WAY outstripped their potential by getting to 10 wins in the regular season. I thought it was more on Treon in the season...as the reason why they were declining in performance by the week seemingly. And to be sure, he was not making great throws but his best two games were his first two starts. In retrospect, I think what really happened is that teams started scouting out the ways to get at their weaknesses better as the season wore on. They had OL issues and you could kinda see it against us...Treon Harris had no hope to be successful even if he possessed DeShaun Watson talent.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Florida way, WAY outstripped their potential by getting to 10 wins in the regular season. I thought it was more on Treon in the season...as the reason why they were declining in performance by the week seemingly. And to be sure, he was not making great throws but his best two games were his first two starts. In retrospect, I think what really happened is that teams started scouting out the ways to get at their weaknesses better as the season wore on. They had OL issues and you could kinda see it against us...Treon Harris had no hope to be successful even if he possessed DeShaun Watson talent.
It was night and day with Grier, not sure sure exactly why other than he understood the offense better. It will be interesting to see a Del Rio led Florida, I just can't see them continuing with Harris considering his play. He was the worst QB we played imo, he could not run nor pass at an SEC level. It was bad.

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
ESPN needs to adjust their formula. They got #1 right, but OU didn't belong on the same field as Clemson and no way was the #2 team. And it wasn't a fluke. CU beat them worse last year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
ESPN has always been absurdly high on the Big-12. No surprise they found a way to make their metrics love the Big-12 too.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
ESPN has always been absurdly high on the Big-12. No surprise they found a way to make their metrics love the Big-12 too.
I've always wondered why they seem to artificially inflate the big12-2. Are they just trying to keep them relevant, or do they actually believe those teams play great football while largely ignoring defense, or do they just want college football to evolve into only high scoring games because they think more people like it so their ratings will increase?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Clemson really wasn't that good and never should have been in the playoffs. It was rigged so we could win. The numbers don't lie.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
That guy is special. Put him on Florida and they only lose to us this year.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Ole Miss
6. Stanford
7. Notre Dame
8. Michigan
9. Michigan State
10. LSU

Even THEN, any system that systematically ranks OSU that many places over MSU is just wrong (makes you wonder if it was coded by a Buckeye's fan.)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.