News Article: Watson Singing a Better Tune - RE: Heisman

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Watson must have gotten some coaching on talking to the press!

"It's something that of course I want to achieve, but at the end of the day I want the national championship, and I'm so close to getting that big dream and the big award," Watson said.

"I want it for me and my team and just really this whole university. The Heisman -- it would be a privilege and an honor to receive that award, but at the end of the day I want to be the best I can be at my position and for my team.
"All that stuff is going to take care of itself like it did this year. Derrick Henry, he earned it, he got the votes. And so at end of the day, I can only control what I can control, and that's the way I prepare and play this game, respect the game and everything that comes with it. If it happens, it happens. But if not, then it's not going to define me and the person I am on and off the field."

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I have nothing but respect for Watson, he's been the most humble of all the Clemson player's, plus, he & Henry became really good friends during the Heisman Process..That shows by the respect he's given Henry before & after the NC Game..I wish the kid nothing but the best(unless we meet again in the play-off's or NC Game again) & hope he puts a thumping on The Barn in the season opener this coming season..

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Nothing but respect for Watson. He is that one out of 30 on paper that is actually the real deal, I think he is better than Winston.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Good for him. It does seem like he's got some coaching though. I hope they take their frustrations out on Allbarn.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
He obviously represents the best of Clemson. Now if he can get that pitiful fan base on the same page...

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I think a lot of what we saw is the inability to "act like you've been there before" ... They haven't been there, not in recent history anyway.

I hope we will see some modified behavior in 2016. With Watson leading the way, odds seem good. Maybe even Dabo will start acting like a coach instead of a cross between Richard Simmons and Jimmy Swaggart.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think a lot of what we saw is the inability to "act like you've been there before" ... They haven't been there, not in recent history anyway.

I hope we will see some modified behavior in 2016. With Watson leading the way, odds seem good. Maybe even Dabo will start acting like a coach instead of a cross between Richard Simmons and Jimmy Swaggart.
How do you plan on paying for the beer I just spewed? That's a great line!

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
If an Alabama player can't win it next year, I hope Deshaun Watson wins it. Guy is a serious player, and I respect him.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.