so they have now made a TV show about the OJ simpson trial

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
What we didn't get enough of this crap 20 years ago? Anybody actually plan on watching this garbage? I don't have selma's memory, but I remember a lot about this. The whole thing was a circus and made the world stop and watch. The only way you could get away without seeing anything about it was to lock yourself in a dungeon or cave. Now they have a show about it.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Ah yes the trial that gave us the Kardashians, Greta van Susteren, Paula Barbieri and other assorted media celebrities. No thanks.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Let me tell you how long that thing went on.

The murders were June 12, 1994. The acquittal was October 3, 1995.

To give you an idea:

The murders were five months before the Republicans wiped out the Democrats and (for the first time in my life) took both houses of Congress. That same week was when Reagan announced he had Alzheimer's (11/5/94). That was about the time George Foreman won the title back.

Windows 95 came out during the trial.

The baseball strike began two months AFTER the murders, went through the entire strike, and the playoffs began the day Simpson was acquitted.

Nobody had even heard of the Whitewater scandal (it was beneath the surface).

I managed a team for an entire softball season, got a military promotion to E-4, and deployed AND returned from Gitmo.

The Grateful Dead were touring and Jerry Garcia then died

The entire Mickey Mantle saga took place regarding his liver transplant

When the murders occurred, Jeff Gordon had yet to win a NASCAR race; by the time Simpson was acquitted, he was all but assured of winning his first Winston Cup championship

An entire Alabama football season and one full month of another occurred.

Michael Jordan's entire baseball career occurred, starting just prior to the murders and ending during the trial as he came back to the Bulls

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Brings back memories. I was 8 years old. Watched the chase over at my Granny and Papaw's house.
My favorite thing - which I didn't know until later - was Howard Stern's phony phone call about being outside OJ's house.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.