Clemson's review of the onside kick

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
IIRC, didn't he switch the ball to other hand while in the air to make sure he did get across? And he jumped from like the 4 yard line. It was amazing.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It is a very real possibility that Drake has more success in the NFL than Henry. The only reason I don't count Henry out is that I know he will work as hard as any guy. Still, he's got a lot of concerns about how he'll find success running when guys are a bit faster at closing off on the edge thus forcing his big frame to run through garbage in the middle of the field. We've seen it consistently this year: if you can get him going laterally, he's pretty stoppable. If he can get off tackle downhill, he's hard to stop.

Drake has a ton of advantages: he's got a quicker stop-start on change of directions, he's proven he can be a factor in the receiving game, he's not a small tailback but not quite as big of a target as Henry. His biggest negative is sometimes he tries too hard to make a big play and ends up causing a bigger TFL than just taking the modest gain, modest loss, or no gain in front of him.

It is a very real possibility that Drake has more success in the NFL than Henry. The only reason I don't count Henry out is that I know he will work as hard as any guy. Still, he's got a lot of concerns about how he'll find success running when guys are a bit faster at closing off on the edge thus forcing his big frame to run through garbage in the middle of the field. We've seen it consistently this year: if you can get him going laterally, he's pretty stoppable. If he can get off tackle downhill, he's hard to stop.

Drake has a ton of advantages: he's got a quicker stop-start on change of directions, he's proven he can be a factor in the receiving game, he's not a small tailback but not quite as big of a target as Henry. His biggest negative is sometimes he tries too hard to make a big play and ends up causing a bigger TFL than just taking the modest gain, modest loss, or no gain in front of him.
With Drake I worry about injuries for him.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
With Drake I worry about injuries for him.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I'm not as worried about injuries as some. A broken bone can happen to anyone. His recovery ability is amazing. At the very least he can return kicks. I bet the Patriots could make really good use of KD.

BamaWally

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2012
"Now Alabama does take some risks by aligning like it does here. If a returner is able to beat the contain player to the right side of the field there is no one left to make a game saving touchdown."

That's why it was so smart to have Humphrey out there. It was basically a race to that spot and the coaches had maybe our fastest player in that position.

Also, Bama had a player on the left side of the kick team circling around behind the kicker headed to the right side. Saban covers all bases!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I was happy to see MH step OOB. He could only make another couple of yards and it would have been heartbreaking to gain the advantage, just to lose it on a fumble...
It couldn't be advanced from the spot that he caught it...:cool2:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Dead right there...:cool2:

That is where the ball was spotted for us to resume play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.