Police Blotter: "American Pie" Singer Don McLean Arrested For Domestic Assault

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Police Blotter: "American Pie" Singer Don McLean Arrested For Domestic Assault

Drinking whisky and rye?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-violence-assault-incident-Maine-mansion.html

Don McLean has been arrested for domestic violence assault.
Police were called to the 70-year-old rock star's mansion in the sleepy suburb of Camden, Maine, at 2 am on Monday, according to TMZ.
The American Pie hitmaker was released after posting a $10,000 bail.

Sheesh! What is is with these aging rockers and their sudden turn to domestic violence? First it's Steely Dan and now this one. I actually didn't know McLean was even still alive. He hasn't exactly been burning up the charts the last 45 years.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: Police Blotter: "American Pie" Singer Don McLean Arrested For Domestic Assault

i thought he had already been arrested and jailed for that travesty of a song

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Re: Police Blotter: "American Pie" Singer Don McLean Arrested For Domestic Assault

i thought he had already been arrested and jailed for that travesty of a song
Years ago in Mobile, there was a radio station, 92 Zoo, I think. It was sort of a college/alt-rock station as one could be in the late 80s/early 90s. Anyway, there was talk the station was going to sell and change formats, so the DJs spun "American Pie" for 48 hours or something ridiculous. It was hilarious!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Years ago in Mobile, there was a radio station, 92 Zoo, I think. It was sort of a college/alt-rock station as one could be in the late 80s/early 90s. Anyway, there was talk the station was going to sell and change formats, so the DJs spun "American Pie" for 48 hours or something ridiculous. It was hilarious!
for years, that song along with pretty much every jimmy buffet song ever written kept me from ever bringing my guitar out when other folks were around

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

92 Zoo was the bomb-diggity back in the day. I think they're still around, but you're right: format's changed.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL

My father was 6'1" when he was in his prime. He's now around 5'9" or 5'10".

For the record, though, 5'6" is not really all that short, considering 5'10" is the average for a white male in the US. No more outside the bell curve than 6'2".

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000

He may have been hunched over. Sorta looks like he's leaning forward.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Drinking whisky and rye?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-violence-assault-incident-Maine-mansion.html

Don McLean has been arrested for domestic violence assault.
Police were called to the 70-year-old rock star's mansion in the sleepy suburb of Camden, Maine, at 2 am on Monday, according to TMZ.
The American Pie hitmaker was released after posting a $10,000 bail.

Sheesh! What is is with these aging rockers and their sudden turn to domestic violence? First it's Steely Dan and now this one. I actually didn't know McLean was even still alive. He hasn't exactly been burning up the charts the last 45 years.

Why can't people be "for real" and not do a comb-over from their ear to cover in a ridiculously odd manner their baldness!?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

P. S. He'd probably look much better if he shaved his head!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.