With most of the Juniors Staying - How does that affect us in Recruiting?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
With OJ, Reuben, EJ, Allen, Williams and Anderson staying....does that mean we sign 6 less than we thought we would?

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
With OJ, Reuben, EJ, Allen, Williams and Anderson staying....does that mean we sign 6 less than we thought we would?

I don't think so. Historically CNS has signed 25 or close to it no matter how many we had in relation to the total allowed of 85.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We typically sign 25 every year so it does not mean we sign 6 less. It may slightly change the priority of the guys we are recruiting at those positions that these guys play but I don't really think it changes a lot.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think that Saban tends to be more up against that stupid SEC signing limit than anything else. When it's all said and done, he usually ends up calling up a greyshirt, or giving a walk-on a scholarship because he ends up with one or two to spare. Players still graduate, players still transfer, who is staying shouldn't have a major impact. Minor impact? Sure it will...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It might have some impact, but that's a nice problem to have.

Give up 1-2 unproven recruits to keep proven senior players with NFL caliber ability, and (especially with Allen) leadership? I'll take that deal every year.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
We typically sign 25 every year so it does not mean we sign 6 less. It may slightly change the priority of the guys we are recruiting at those positions that these guys play but I don't really think it changes a lot.
Don't we have a good many graduated players leaving this year.....more than usual?

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I don't know how it will affect recruiting but it should affect the leadership on the team next year and hopefully transfer to this incoming class because they will be the only class recruited by Saban without a national championship.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Near as I can tell, with juniors that are declaring and two transfers that we know of, (Chris Black and Alec Morris), I'm thinking we have 24-25 to give this year. This is a guess...it is only a guess.:wink:

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
If I count correctly, we have 24 players leaving the program. That includes 2 juniors Robinson and Henry, two transfers Morris and Black, and 18 scholarship seniors. This is assuming that Nysewander and Barrineau are on scholarship. I remember reading at some point they were on scholarship. I believe we will sign more than 25 if we can make it fit. There is always some attrition.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
If I count correctly, we have 24 players leaving the program. That includes 2 juniors Robinson and Henry, two transfers Morris and Black, and 18 scholarship seniors. This is assuming that Nysewander and Barrineau are on scholarship. I remember reading at some point they were on scholarship. I believe we will sign more than 25 if we can make it fit. There is always some attrition.
You cannot "enroll" more than 25 in any one class...no matter how many vacancies you may have. You can sign more knowing that some will not qualify...but 25 in any one class is the firm limit.

Andy

3rd Team
Jan 21, 2005
Exactly, if we go over 25 we will have to be able to back count a few. Not sure if that is available to us this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
They were given scholarships.

We should all remember we don't know who is exactly on scholarship anymore. A guy like Walker Jones might pay his own way.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
So now that the dust has settled, how many starters do we have back on offense/defense? :cool2:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Read this on SB Nation Roll Bama Roll, "This spring, Bama loses between 17 and 19 scholarship seniors, plus the two juniors who are going pro, Chris Black (transferring), and any other players who leave the program through attrition. The Tide should be allowed to go over the SEC-mandated limit of 25 signings. What that number is is unknown at this time. South Carolina was allowed 31 signings a year ago, while both Georgia and Tennessee had 30. I would assume Alabama would be allowed around 28-30 this year." http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2016/1/...mson-tide-football-recruiting-news-update-NSD

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.